Resurrect a TV Show or Book Sequel

bmoak, you rock.

My vote goes to MST3K. Put Mike and the Bots back in space and keep cranking them out, dammit.

Ayn Rand would be sentenced to write ATLAS TRIES TO FIX THE WHOLE DAMN THING, in which John, Dagny & friends actually try to rebuild what they let go to hell. In a month, they say “F*** it” and run back to the Valley, where Midas Mulligan charges them admission to get back in.

And David Lynch has to get Dale Cooper out of the Black Lodge/Red Room & back properly into TWIN PEAKS.

Mary Shelley tells us what became of Ernest FRANKENSTEIN (the forgotten brother). While Bram Stoker relates the further adventures of Dr. Van H, Seward,
Holmwood & the Harkers in fighting the brood of DRACULA (throwing in some inside on what the heck was the Renfield deal.)

I know that probably no one is going to know what I am talking about… but…

The River of the Dancing Gods. It was such a cool series of novels but after the fifth one, they just kind of stopped.

I think I’ve read every mass-market Jack Chalker book out there, and a few that weren’t, but I wasn’t really fond of this series.

Sex and the Cybill features Cybill Shepherd and gal-pal Marianne relocating at age 50 to New York, where they begin a new career singing cabaret duets and horndogging stuffed-shirt executives. Daughter Zoë accompanies Cybill to the big city to get in touch with her Jewish roots, only to fall in love with some yuk from Indianapolis who writes blogs.

The tv series for Dragonriders of Pern never made it off the drawing board, from what I can tell, so I’ll vote for that one.

Also Alien Nation.

I wouldn’t mind seeing more Adventures of the Gummi Bears, either (“What kind of fool do you think I am?” “I don’t know; how many kinds are there?”).

That show has influenced me in ways I cannot begin to even elaborate on… it started my love of the surreal, for a start.

Even now, I still make reference to the “Parker Excuse File” when I’m trying to think of a bizzarely improbably explanation for some event, and when I was starting High School the very height of coolness was to own a Swatch…

I wonder if it’s out on DVD yet?

Oh, and of course… Carnivale… Especially after the first two seasons apparently were just INTRO to the main story. (Although if they cut the last five minutes out of the final episode in season 2, I would’ve been okay, I guess.)

Hear hear!!! With Jack Bauer as George’s new partner!

I’d like to see Dune 7 written by Frank, and only Frank, Herbert.

Going with dead authors:

I mentioned the Confederacy sequel I’d love to see. I’d also love to see the following:

Falstaff by William Shakespeare (rather like Orson Welles did in Chimes at Midnight, but with new material by Willie)

Booth by Gore Vidal. He wrote a sequel to Myra B., but I’d like to see a sequel or sidenovel to his Lincoln that focuses solely on the assassin.

Captain Stormfield by M. Twain- not so much a request for a sequel as to just complete it, though while you’re at the desk anyway a novel length sequel Tom & Huck’s books featuring their adventures in the Civil War would be cool. (I’m guessing Tom would have Twain’s track record of loving the adventure of it til he heard real gunfire, while Huck would probably switch sides as the whim seized him).

The Divine Comedy- let Dante be summoned from Purgatory, take a year or three to immerse himself in American history and pop culture, and then do an American sequel to his update. Would Lee be in the bottom rings as a traitor, or would he be accounted patriotic for his loyalty to Virginia? Would Walt Whitman be sharing a loft with Brunetto on the hot and gusty sidecircles? How did JFK and Marilyn fare int he afterworld, or Benedict Arnold or slaveowners in general or Joe McCarthy or Joseph Smith? Could be interesting.

Andy Richter Controls the Universe comes back PRONTO!

As does Arrested Development, if it actually dies.

Well, there’s always The Merry Wives of Windsor

Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle did a pretty good pseudo-sequel to Dante in Inferno. Special guest stars are … well, best left unmentioned lest the plot be spoiled.

I don’t know if you saw this thread, but it looks like it’s history.

Damn you, I’m not giving up hope! :wink:

I want Robert Anton Wilson to write The World Turned Upside Down, the planned fourth volume in his unifinished Historical Illuminatus Chronicles, plus the untitled fifth volume. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Historical_Illuminatus_Chronicles I will hold him at gunpoint if I have to. He promised us a pentalogy.

Spider Robinson’s The Free Lunch ended with a cliffhanger implying intent to sequelize. I have personally gotten down on my knees in public, with bowed head and clasped hands, and begged Spider to write a sequel, but he says he “doesn’t want to spend time in Thrillworld.” Wuss! You knew the assigment was dangerous when you took it! :mad:

I’d like to see a show about a league of eighties & seventies tv heroes who together fight villains from all time and history! You have Matthew and Walt from The Powers of Mathew Star, Manimal, Automan, The Misfits of Science, Buck Rogers and Twiki, Bennu from The Phoenix, Det. Fish (Abe Vigoda) of Barney Miller, Kolchak the Night Stalker, Starman, Phineas Bogg and Jeffery from Voyagers. Our heroes battle the evil forces of the Visitors from V, the Sasquatch and the Venus Death Probe from Six Million Dollar Man, Hitler, Genghis Khan, The Draconian Empire from Buck Rogers, Sheriff Lobo, Evil Jeannie, Serena (Evil Samantha Bewitched), Colonel Klink, MechaGodzilla, Dracula, Pol Pot, and Tony Orlando and Dawn.

With occasional help from Michael Knight & Kitt, MacGyver, BJ and the Bear, the A-Team and The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew (Pamela Sue Martin when she was hot!)

And it’s gotta have a killer soundtrack, sexy slow-mo walking shots of our heroes, shaky hand cam, quick edits, and lots and lots of mugging!

As much as I love Arrested Development and would love more of Freakazoid and The Tick, MST3K also gets my vote. It wasn’t like a normal show that had just run its course, although the last lineup wasn’t my favorite, and the show’s writers seem to feel that they were at least as good as ever when it ended.

Just for starters, I would dearly love to see more episodes of The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. and sequels (in both book & movie form) to The Princess Bride.