Richmond city council opposes space weapons, attracts space cadets

On May 19 the city council of Richmond, California passed a resolution in support of the Space Preservation Act of 2001. This bill, which was introduced by Dennis Kucinich but never passed, called for the outlawing of all space-based weapons. It included provisions against mind control, mood management, psychotronic energies and chemtrails.

Councilwoman Jovanka Beckles wrote the resolution. She said it was aimed at “making all Richmond residents feel safe.” She also said, “I don’t intend to ignore the concerns from residents who say they have been exposed to these attacks that have caused them great emotional and bodily harm,” and “it is imperative that Richmond adopt this resolution in effort to stand in solidarity with residents who claim to be under assault from space-based weapons that should be outlawed by the Space Preservation Act.”

The resolution passed 5 to 2. The two dissenting votes came from Mayor Tom Butt and Councilman Vinay Pimplé (I am not making this up).

Since then, the city’s police department has been inundated with calls from people who believe they’re under attack from space-based weapons. These calls have come from all over the U.S. Some have even come from other countries. Police Chief Magnus said, "Richmond now seems to be known as the ‘resource or helpers’ for folks from many states with a myriad of mental health and other problems.” The police say they’re having trouble dealing with the large volume of calls.

Mayor Butt has also gotten such calls. He says he heard from a woman who is living in her car in Nevada and who believes she is being electronically stalked.

You can read about it here and here.

Only in America can you read a news story about a guy named Butt and a guy named Pimple, and compared to Dennis Kucinich they are the least silly people involved.

Regards,
Shodan

I think the city council was wrong to poo-poo Butt/Pimple.

It’s a crappy move by Mayor Butt to distract people from talking about how much the town stinks.

Nuke them from orbit before they pass another resolution.

But can you be sure that will work?

Cool. Maybe do something about all your crime? Things are improving, but you still have a reputation. Or the shitty roads? Seriously, my dad lives right over the border, and it’s obvious when you change cities.

I don’t know about Pimplé/Pimple, but Butt wasn’t even strongly against, he needed convincing.

Of course it would! All intelligent life would be obliterated and… hang on.

Never mind. :smack:

NO! THE SOUTH WILL NEVER RISE AGAIN?! :frowning:

R.I.P.

Seriously though, of course we should have space weapons. Are you against Star Wars or something?..No not that Star Wars.

We all know that city ordinances trump Federal law and the laws of other nations, so I’m relieved that the US, Russians and Chinese arenow going to have to dismantle their space weapons.

Thank you, Richmond!