RIP samclem (former mod) (December 18, 2021)

As I recall he just ghosted the board, unless there’s some secret knowledge in the mod loop. Thought I would see if I could find anything and found:

Obit.

Wow. Thank you for letting us know.

RIP, samclem. You were one of the Good Ones.

He was a damn good Mod and a great poster. RIP

Oh, man! Loved his work on word and phrase origins.

RIP, samclem. You will be missed.

A lot of us were worried about him, but no, there was no secret knowledge. We were not told of his passing.

Thank you for posting this.

Damn, I am sorry to hear that, especially on top of the recent news of Guin’s passing.

I remember the sentiment ‘I really enjoy coin collecting. I would not recommend it as an investment. The average person trying to sell a relative’s coin collection discovers it is worth the weight of the silver plus $5.’ He always struck me as a very sensible and fair business man.

Wow. I asked about him in the who do you miss on this board thread and was told he was still a mod when he stopped posting. Strange that a mod would go missing without the others checking it out. He had a friend from Cleveland that I met with him at a dopefest, can’t recall his name but I believe he was a mod as well. Damn.

RIP Sam.

RIP @samclem. See you on the other side.

I think Ukul\lele Ike was originally from Cleveland, and he was a former mod, but that was so long ago, he probably identifies now as a New Yorker

Sad news.

Wow. This is so weird, as I would have bet he still posted here, that’s how much a part of this board he was. It’s like in my mind he was still posting even though he apparently hasn’t been here since at least 2021. RIP to (another) one of the defining members of our board.

Sad news.

I was mistaken, it was @BMalion who I met with Sam at the dopefest, not a mod. And unfortunately it looks like his last post was 5 months before Sam died. They were both great people.

I’m a mod from Cleveland, but I never met @samclem except at Dopefests.

And @BMalion is also missed, but he had some serious health problems, so it’s unfortunately likely that he’s died now, too.

I hadn’t seen @samclem posts in a long, long while. I enjoyed his view of the world.

Rest in peace.

We tried to get in touch with him but we were never able to get a response. He stopped posting here in 2018. TubaDiva made one last attempt around the mod loop in 2020 to see if anyone could get in touch with him but no one was able to find out anything.

The only mod to give me a warning.

But I deserved it.