Rise of the Machines: Robots With Human Brains

If they can’t operationalize emotional responses, they will not have thinking machines, they’ll just have data-processing machines much as we already have now.

Cognition depends on feelings.

I like it! I want one.

Great, now the image of a robot on fire, flailing wildly, and crying “Why - why did they program me to feel pain” is stuck in my mind.

“…and I’ve got this horrible pain in my diodes down my left side…”

The team is Welsh, so not only will the machines be our masters, but they will sing about it as well. Woe unto human kind.

Yeah, but nobody’ll understand them.

Eager elaboration: Indeed, meat bag. This is the main fault of your kind.

Yeah, but at least we don’t rust! :stuck_out_tongue:

I read this as “pain in my dildoes,” and penis ensued.

Read my response in the the following thread if you want the whole argument;

Now, I’m not saying they can’t build one that could be a threat, I’m saying the kinds of robots with the capacity (and to a lesser extent, likelyhood) of turning against people will never be built in larger numbers than a handful of experiments and museum pieces. Sentience for practical robotics would be designed in such a way that their “brains” won’t have the psychological tendencies necessary for aggressive anti-human beliefs.

I love HK-47.

Definition: “Love” is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Maybe we could program them with a series of hard-wired “laws” that would, to them, be inviolable. These laws would prevent them from in any way harming a human being.

Hacks around these “laws” would be shared on the Internet days after any new model came out.

Sure, you’ll have the strength of ten gorillas, but you’ll only be five feet tall.

I, for one, welcome our new Sentient Robot Overlords.

but do we get Big Chainsaw Hands™ ?

RZZZZZZ!

Screw humanity—I’m throwing in with the winning team. DEATH TO HUMANS! EXTERMINATE THE FILTHY STINK-BEASTS!

Can robots with human brains be made of muscle and DNA rather than plastic and silicon?

Like, say, me?

I’m single and a robot so of course, I work alot of overtime.

Well, to quote the robot prophet Jerimatic

I think this project is being hyped up, to be honest. Nothing in the description of its features is particularly revoutionary in the field of AI. Perhaps it will be the first to combine these features together?