Rob Zombies "The Devil's Rejects" was a suprisingly good movie.

Wow. I just watched this movie tonight and expected nothing and came away with one of the best genre movies I’ve seen in quite some time.

The movie really sold me on the fact that those 5 people were a family that really cared about each other. The acting was great. Especially Captain Spalding and Otis. It had some fairly disturbing moments in it like when Otis cut that guys face off and wore it as a mask. Then he made the guys wife wear it as a mask. That was fucked. but it didn’t really function as a horror movie for me. It seemed like a movie about an outlaw family that wasn’t going to go down without a fight and they were going to go down together.

I have to admit, I do have some respect for Rob Zombie after seeing this. It was shot well and the soundtrack was perfect and really gave it that 70’s slasherflick vibe. The final scene was a tad overdrawn Any single scene that lasts the full length of Freebird is probably too long but it was a great ending none-the-less.

On a side note, I watched House of 1000 Corpses after TDR and it was like night and day. 1KCorpses was not a very good movie, though it did slightly develop some of the characters of TDR. Dr. Satan was pretty cool looking. So was his henchman. Otis looks WAY WAY WAY cooler and more badass in TDR than in 1KCorpses. So does Capt Spalding.

I can say I’m looking forward to see whatelse Zombie may put out. His next flick will probably make or break him as a director. TDR got some pretty positive reviews from some big name critics but 1K got shit on across the board. I hope he takes his time and puts out something cool again.

(PS. His wife is f’n HOT)

I agree. There has to be more than that for it to cross over into horror in my opinion. In fact, I don’t consider a movie horror unless there’s some kind of element of the fantastic in it. People killing other people is just suspense to me, not horror. Others disagree, obviously.

My, yes. And thanks to hubby Rob for showing us, the viewing audience, so much of her sweet ass.

Disclaimer:There’s no accounting for taste, including mine!(and I DID see TDR)

You’ve gotta be joking.