Robot sex club workers

We’re not quite at the pleasure droid stage yet, but it’s a step.

Actually, this reminds me much more of Stanislaw Lem’s short story, “The Washing Machine Tragedy” about the increasing legal complexities caused by AI. First the human use robots to skirt the law, then intelligent robots start using their own lack of legal recognition to their own benefit, and so on.

Robot Employed as Sex Club Tout (note: despite the url name, the site is completely work-safe).

No actual information on how the robot is supposed to navigate anyone anywhere. Sounds more like its job is just to wave the sign (which humans aren’t allowed to do) to attract customers over, while a human worker does the actual guiding.

I think it’s bullshit to call the robot a “sex club tout” if it lures people to an “adult information center” and not an actual sex club.

Heh, I liked these comments for the article:

This puts me in mind of a short story (can’t remember the title nor the complilation I read it in is so I’m no help here) about about a society where androids were the prefered sex workers. And more expensive than real women. The story was about a human woman who made a living pretending to be a robot prositute. Sort of sad and deeply erotic at the same time.

Rigamarole, if that first comment you posted was making fun of something, it was this comment. I think they were being serious.

Bleep! Blorp! Insert penis into oral cavity.

Sucking process commencing.
(wet sucking sounds comes from speaker on the robot’s forhead)Evacuation of testicles complete. Zip up and have a good day sir.
Bleep! Blorp!
No! I am not a woman! I am a robooooooot. I was assembled in the…factory. Yes. The factory. That’s it.

That makes me want to go watch “Jurassic Bark”, but only up to the Robo-Puppy scene.

Licking sequence completed. Robo-puppy commencing two-hour yipping session.

First thing I thought of when I saw this Thread: pity the poor bastard who is so desparate for work…that he gets stuck with the job of cleaning these things off with bleach at closing time.

I have some vague recollection of this story as well. I am fairly sure it was published in Omni in the early 1980s but beyond that I can’t recall any more details.

Why’d they make the thing look so freaky? I’ve seen female bots built by the Japanese and they’re waaaaay better looking than that.

A robot jizz mopper would lick them clean, and the floors too, and collect a fee from watchers.

Also, this thread reminds me of a line from Greg Giraldo:

I don’t know if this is true or not (I read it in the notoriously unreliable Waiwai page at Mainichi News) but some of the sex clubs in Tokyo have supposedly started offering customers a 30-minute spin with a RealDoll, since the dolls are available 24/7 and don’t get busted by immigration.

Which means that yeah, someone, somewhere has the job of cleaning these things out afterwards.

One would hope.