Rock albums that define the 1970s

I’m listening to the Double Vision album by Foreigner and does this album ever scream the 1970s. No one will call this the best rock album of the 1970s, probably not even top 25. But, just by listening, I’m transported right back to the era of 70s cars, 8 track tapes and can even smell the omnipresent cigarette smoke in the bar as Foreigner blasts from the jukebox.

Any other candidates for albums which immediately transporter you to the 1970s and really couldn’t have been released in any other decade?

Aerosmith, whichever album came out in 76 or close to it.

Frampton Comes Alive!
Out of the Blue (Electric Light Orchestra)
Boston

I came here to say that.

Van Halen and Van Halen 2
Kiss Alive and Destroyer
Lynyrd Skynyrd (Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd), Street Survivors and Second Helping

Not a “rock” album, but the Bee Gees Saturday Night Fever is definitly 70’s., it gave us the disco ball!

A few others that come to mind, after another moment of thought:

Led Zeppelin IV
Rumours (Fleetwood Mac)
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (Elton John)

“Who’s Next”
“Born To Run”
“Blood on the Tracks”

Bad Company is a band that transports me…

Here come the jesters one two three
It’s all part of my fantasy…

Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon

Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street, Some Girls

ETA: If you need someone to tell you who made these albums, you’re in the wrong thread.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - any album, but I wore the grooves off of One More From The Road.

And if speaking of '70’s rock I will always float Violation by Starz. Not well known, a power-pop-rock outfit from NYC. They’re label mates were Angel and they were produced by Jack Douglas, who produced Aerosmith. Their rhythm section was the remnants of Looking Glass of Brandy fame, but their style was more akin to KISS meets The Ramones.

Paradise With An Ocean View - Country Joe McDonald
Lost In the Ozone - Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen
Live at Carnegie Hall - Renaissance

(I had very eclectic tastes back then.)

I’d go with Toys in the Attic in 1975 and Rocks in 1976. But those awful power ballads they shoehorned in are strictly unnecessary.
And Exile on Main Street, as also mentioned upthread.

Eno’s Another Green World.

Auuuu-tooooo-bahhhhhhn……

Fragile and Close to the Edge by Yes.

Over the span of 19 months (February '71 to September '72), they released The Yes Album, plus those two, as well. An impressive creative output, in a pretty short period of time.

Pick a Black Sabbath album. (ETA: Though, with the qualification “couldn’t have been released in any other decade,” they really so forward-thinking that I think 80s, 90s, hell now, it wouldn’t seem so out-of-time.)

Besides those already mentioned, there were a lot of other classic live albums: Live at Leeds, Wings Over America, the Filmore sets by Allman Brothers and Humble Pie, Deep Purple Made In Japan, Wishbone Ash Live Dates…

Cheap Trick - Live at Budokon

It literally screams (in Japanese no less) the 70’s

Oh, and Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Rust Never Sleeps