Rock Band: The Beatles

Although I have never played either Activision Blizzard’s Guitar Hero or MTV’s Rock Band, I do know that the two franchises are heated rivals, and have fought hard to scoop up the hottest bands in existence, even creating special all-band versions of the games including Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and an all AC/DC add-on pack for Rock Band. There is one big jewel in the music crown that I’ve been keeping my eye on to see if either franchise would take it- especially since this well-protected catalogue isn’t even on iTunes yet. Now, we have a winner.

Viacom and Apple Corps are slated to announce today a special all-Beatles version of Rock Band for 2009. The announcement is to be made officially this morning at 10:00 am. I’m sure a lot of people (including myself) who normally aren’t into this genre of gaming will want to pick this up in order to strum, drum, and sing to the hits of one of the most famous bands of all time. If only I had three like-minded friends and a quartet of moptop wigs and/or military outfits…

I have managed not to buy Guitar Hero or Rock Band for my Xbox 360. I have Guitar Hero for the PS2, and that has been good enough for me.

But now…this is going to make me break down and buy the whole set up for my 360. Oh well, seems like a small price to pay to be able to play The Beatles’ songs with several of my friends.

I’m hoping A Day in the Life makes the cut.

I’m going to have to play with a USB headset so I can strum and sing…

Oh man, Helter Skelter and I want You Bad… if they’re on there. I have to buy a freaking XBox360, and then this Game. (And might as well grab RockBandII in the process).

DAMN YOU ROCKBAND! DAMN YOU!

I continue to hold out for a Pink Floyd release.

I want to do Phil Collins style…drums and singing :smiley:

At the rate songs I like keep coming out, I’m gonna need another hard drive for my Xbox.

Yeah, Floyd would be awesome. Someone needs to start an RB Wishlist thread…

I’m holding out for Rock Band: 90’s UK Indie version, myself. Not a chance in hell of it happening, but oh what choons.