Rock Biopics

What rock biopic would you like to see made? Or any star for that matter. I’d love to see one on Led Zeppelin.

Fleetwood Mac!

David Byrne of the Talking Heads. He had so much to say and said it well, I’d like to find out more about him.

Seems like a boring film to me. As far as I know he was a kid from a normal family that started to play music. Is there anything beyond that I don’t know about? He’s an interesting guy to hear speak but that doesn’t necessarily translate into an interesting biography.

Whatever one they make, I just wish they’d gets the facts right! It’s not hard!

Bohemian Rhapsody, I’m talking to you!

Don’t get me started on that movie!

Not my type of music, but there seem to be a lot of tales around the deeds and antics of Ozzy Osbourne, plus distinct phases in his life/career that could fill a movie.

Rather than focus on an individual, I’d like to see something that looked at groups of artists, like the Brill Building songwriters, the Motown machine, or especially the Laurel Canyon community.

Great band, one of my favorites. But a Biopic must include Jimmy Page’s sexual relationship with a 14 year old girl and all of the songs that were stolen, uncredited, from original blues masters. See Lori Lightning, and Sable Starr, who was only 12 years old when she famously lost her virginity to several rock stars.

If you want to make a biopic, wait until the last member dies and make an honest film. They all knew it was wrong, but they had that star power going for them. Do not glamorize this era of rock music. There were many people who did not cross the lines we now hold society to. And many who did.

I believe her real name is Lori Maddox.

The Ramones. The founders are all dead so nothing has to be sugarcoated….although the scene with an armed Phil Spector will surely be exaggerated.

I would be interested in seeing a coming-of-age film about teenaged Ray Parker, Jr. learning the music business from Motown greats at Detroit’s Twenty Grand club in the late 1960s.

13-year-old Parker was invited to play with the club’s house band in 1967. The film would end around when 18-year-old Parker goes on tour with Stevie Wonder in 1972 and leaves his life in Detroit behind.

Check out Echo In The Canyon, which was the mid 60s Laurel Canyon.

I agree with you, and would like one on the 70s era.

Firm agreement with Fleetwood Mac.
The film will be called “The Chain.” Or maybe “Rumors.”

I wonder how they would cast it.

With Bill Hader as Lindsey of course

In addition to Echo In The Canyon (2018/2019), there is a 2 episode series called Laurel Canyon: A Place in Time (2020). Both are excellent. Both are available to stream from several platforms. Check your local listings, as they say.

That would have to be a whole series, starting with the original blues band formed by refugees from John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, then the Bob Welch and Christine McVie era, before finally getting into Buckingham/Nicks.

I’d watch it.