Roger Waters - Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking Question

I’m listening to it now and wondering if anyone knows who voices the Truck Driver in the song?

And since that’s a fairly boring question, any other fans of this album around?

It’s been a while, but I used to listen to this album all the time. Sorry I can’t answer the truck driver question, but if it’s still open tonight, I’ll see what I can do for you. Which track?

I would assume the track is *4.58 AM (Dunroamin, Duncarin, Dunlivin) * where the narrator catches a lift from a trucker. You can hear the trucker at the beginning offering a lift and kicking him out at the end after he sings “But I’m gonna throw up.”

Sadly, I do not know who voiced the trucker. Could it have been a member of The Bleeding Heart Band?

It’s an uneven album, IMO, but has several absolutely amazing tracks. Sexual Revolution, Every Stranger’s Eyes, and *Go Fishing *are all spectacular. Running Shoes is also very enjoyable. I am partial to when Roger is really wailing it high-pitched, and this album has plenty of that.

Manning Redwood and Ed Bishop are listed, and Jack Palance is also in there as a Hell’s Angel.

Funny, that was in the back of my head, too.

Edit: Jack Palance, that is: you edited your post between the time I read it and hit Reply.

yup - I knew Palance there, so I searched TP&COH + Palance, & got the link above

Awesome - thank you so much :slight_smile:

I never know which track is which because my copy is just one giant track, but Sexual Revolution is definitely one of my favorites. I also particularly like the title cut; that it features Jack Palance just makes it even better.

So here’s a follow up question: is the Jack Palance quote specifically for the album, or a clip (a la the Shane clips) from something else? I assume that he’s credited on the linked site means it was specific to the album?

Jack Palance was, of course, in Shane - the body on the plain.