"Roly Polio," "Locky Lockjaw," "Dippy Diphtheria," and "Hoopy Who

After watching all the videos, what most struck me is how none of the symptoms/outcomes were described–it was assumed that everyone already knew.

I think I found the PSA! Or at least a series of them - I’m still watching them myself.

ETA: The one we’re remembering starts at 6:15.

Oops, someone else found it first, upthread. Never mind.

The OP is still active on the board. Let’s see if he can confirm he saw these in South Carolina.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Thanks, and they were apparently just ‘local’ PSAs, not national.

Is it my imagination or does Roly Polio sound like Simon Bar Sinister from the Underdog Show?

As far as these PSAs being not national, I remember them well. I saw them in southern California, where I was born and raised.

Yes, I must take that comment back. Apparently they were shown only in areas known by the abbreviation SC.

And yes, Roly Polio does sound similar to Simon Bar Sinister, whose voice, in turn, was modeled after Lionel Barrymore.

I only recently learned that anti-vaxxers are not a new phenomenon. I just assumed that everyone who had lived through smallpox or polio would intuitively grasp the importance of vaccines. I don’t know if it makes me feel better or worse to learn otherwise.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02671-0