ROUND TWO: The AbFab Trivia Death Match® (easier)

Last time some of the questions (well, most of them) were pretty tough, but I was proud of those of you who were able to get them. :rolleyes: j/k So for the second round of the AbFab Trivia Death Match® , I shall dumb things down a bit and pose questions pertaining to more memorable moments of the show. As always, questions only include the original liturgy of the first 18 episodes. Therefore, no questions on “The Last Shout” or the new episodes produced in 2001. Are you ready, kids?

1. According to Edina, what’s “not to be sniffed at?”
    1a. And how many times a week does she have it done?

2. Edina’s mum (Gran) asks her who played at the concert. “The Beatles, The Stones, or The Rolling -” what?
    2a. What, specifically, could Gran smell on Edina’s breath?

3. According to Patsy, why does Priscilla Presley wear gloves?

4. Again, according to Patsy’s joke, who is the new ride at DisneyWorld?

5. When Edina was trying to lose weight, she said she was living on"air and – " what?

6. What did Justin give Edina for her 40th birthday?
    6a. (DIFFICULT) What was the second song we heard Patsy & Edina sing? Had to throw in a hard one, even though it gives away the above question…

7. What did Patsy ask Edina if it was “art?”

8. When Patsy & Edina were on bad terms, who did Edina have lunch with?
    8a. (DIFFICULT) Who did Patsy have lunch with?

9. What did Edina shoplift from the grocery store?
    9a. What charges against Edina were dropped?

10. To what magazine did Patsy give the exclusive regarding her sex-crazed romp with an MP?
    10a. What age did said magazine finally give her?

11. What was Edina’s disaffectionate nickname for Saffy’s best friend?
    11a. What was Saffy’s best friend’s actual name?

12. With what did Edina use to choose her outfit on her first day using the personal organizer? (Door Handle episode.)

13. When was the only time we ever “saw” Serge?

14. What did Edina snort up her nose instead of just sniffing it?

15. While running through Saffy’s college, David (in drag) asked Christopher what they were looking for. Christopher replied, "Oh, I don’t know, we’re just caught up in the – " what?
    15a. (DIFFICULT) Later, upon regrouping, Christopher said, "This is just like – " what?

16. What magazine was Magda lured to New York City as editor?
    16a. (DIFFICULT) Was what the name of their London-based magazine that folded?

17. Edina said she’s been to what, but she’s never been to what? (CLUE: It’s a song.)

18. The house to herself, Gran spends most of her time drinking and doing what?

19. What does Edina want to buy so desperately so that she can talk when she wants to?

20. What’s the first thing Patsy yells when reunited with Edina in New York City?

Good luck. hehehehe…. :stuck_out_tongue:

• s.e.
  1. Colonic irrigation
    a. three?

2. The Rolling-Who
    a. cider

3. Elizabeth Taylor

4. karaoke machine
    a. Wheel On Fire?

5. Mr. Monsoon’s corpse

6. Lulu
    a. Brit and Zandra

7. a case of mine
    a. attempted murder?

8. Hello!

9. Titicaca

10. drama

11. HM

12. been to paradise, but never been to me.

13. using Edina’s credit card to purchase items from a home shopping network

14. the talking stick

15. “YEAH, BABE!”

Re: #9

er, a case of wine, not mine.

1. Liver Spots
    11a) Sarah
  2. Don’t really know what it was supposed to be, but it was a stick with handles I guess
  3. In Sex where Saff holds up a picture of him
  4. Wine in France

Well, done, sweetie! :smiley:

• s.e.

Cheers, sweetie. :smiley:

• s.e.

Aw, come on! They’re not that hard! :slight_smile:

• s.e.
  1. mungbeans?

2. karaoke machine
    a. Satisfaction

3. Lulu
    a. Brit Ekland and Zandra Rhodes

4. a case of wine
    a. attempted murder and robber

5. Hello!
    a. 49

6. HQ?
    a. Marie Claire

Cheers, well done, sweetie. :smiley:

• s.e.

dammit! What are the answers to the ones I keep missing? It’s driving me mad!

Oh, alright. :wink:

1. What did Justin give Edina for her 40th birthday? ANSWERED, BUT:
    6a. (DIFFICULT) What was the second song we heard Patsy & Edina sing? “House of the Riding Sun”

2. What did Edina snort up her nose instead of just sniffing it? Poppers.

3. While running through Saffy’s college, David (in drag) asked Christopher what they were looking for. Christopher replied, "Oh, I don’t know, we’re just caught up in the – " what? ANSWERED, BUT
    15a. (DIFFICULT) Later, upon regrouping, Christopher said, "This is just like – " what? The Crystal Maze

4. What magazine was Magda lured to New York City as editor? ANSWERED
    16a. (DIFFICULT) Was what the name of their London-based magazine that folded? Ella

There you are sweetie. Round three to come. :smiley:

• s.e.

Cheers, thanks alot. Being the Supreme AbFab trivia quiz master and an apparent authority, what did you think of the new episodes? And when are some more new ones coming out?

Umm… unfortunately they only air on the Comedy Network here in Canada, which I don’t get. I went over to some friends’ who have digital cable and taped them. We got, um, drunk & stoned, and I spent too much time babbling and philosophizing about the guy who had just dumped me that week to really pay attention. I’ll have to go back to visit them again and pay more attention - either that or convince them to let me borrow the tapes.

As far as I know, they only produced six episodes, as per each season of the original series. (Eighteen episodes in all of what I call the “liturgy.”)

“Just do your best darling.” - Edina Monsoon :smiley:

• s.e.