Roy Scheider has multiple myeloma

I’m not angling for an invitation, but I’ve never seen that fish movie either.

It was a blockbuster movie back in the seventies , with a great white shark .

Declan

I believe that by law, coating Rob Schneider with shark pheremones and throwing him in the ocean is considered a gift to humanity.

In spite of all the hype it had, Jaws remains one of the best horror movies made.

twickster, my twin, you must see this movie. Try your best to find the time to watch it straight through. Get a video, dont’ let it be interrupted on TV by commercials. I’m achin’ to tell you all the good bits, but it would spoil many a surprise. One scene stands out though, Chief Brody(Roy Schieder) and his youngest son, at the supper table. And there’s one scene in which you never see the shark, and nobody gets hurt, yet it’s one of the scariest(to me) in the film. I won’t say what it is, I want to tantalize you into seeing the movie.

I saw Jaws for the first time about three weeks after it’s release, in 1975. It was still so well attended that I had to go to a midnight showing the theater had added. This was in Monterey, California. About a week later I went to the beautiful white sand beaches of Carmel, and you could count on the fingers of one hand the people who were in the water further than their ankles.

Well,just saw this thread… ANyway, Patients with early myeloma can do well for years without treatment and starting treatment early does not seem to help them live longer. These patients are often watched closely without starting chemo. Sometimes they will be given a medication called bisphosphonate to help protect their bones…

That’s as maybe, but Mr Scheider died back in 2008.

So was it really worth reviving this thread?

This bump launched me into an epic google search because I suddenly remembered seeing Roy’s face in the cover of Michener’s “Centennial” paperback. But alas, I couldn’t find that version and his name wasn’t in the cast (even the supporting cast) so it must have been another book, or maybe a poster. Don’t know why I did that. I was sure he died years ago.

I glanced at the topic and thought Rob Schneider had multiple myeloma.

The real question is whether twickster has seen Jaws yet?

I say we dig him up and give it a try.

I had a real “Didn’t he die a few years back?” moment until I realized that we were talking about zombie Roy Scheider.

Nope.

Did finally see Jurassic Park, if that counts for anything.

I just caught some of Jaws the other night with my son, we love it. Forgotten in all the Roy Scheider talk is how great Robert Shaw’s performance really is in that movie.

Twickster, you MUST put Jaws on your movie bucket list!

It doesn’t, unfortunately. Jurrassic Park is science fiction. Watch Jaws and you may never swim in the ocean again!

I thought he was dead already.

Nah. Sorcerer.

Dude. Jaws is a movie that I will watch no matter how many times I have seen it.

You owe it to yourself.

Agreed. It truly is a beautifully-constructed movie.

It’s been running on cable this week and I keep watching up to the “Indianapolis” scene. The movie is fantastic, even three days in a row.

Roy Scheider has been cured of multiple myeloma.

Too soon?