Roy Scheider has multiple myeloma

Very sad. I’ve never seen Jaws, but All That Jazz is one of my favorite movies ever.

I recently realized that Roy Scheider was in every movie ever made in the 1970s.

One of the “themes” of ATJ is him watching over and over in the editing room the comic’s bit about the 5 stages of death. If it comes to it, he’ll at least be prepared.

Let’s hope he doesn’t have to go thru a dying scene led by Ben Vereen that goes on foreeeeveeeeer.

“That’s some bad hat, Harry.”

“I’ve never seen J…”

Wait…hold up a sec…I may need a minute to process this…

“I’ve never se…”

No, wait…just gimme a minute…

“I’ve ne…”

Nope…no good…just can’t seem to wrap my brain around that one.

Tell you what…we have a home theater complete with 65" widescreen TV, and you have a need to see one of the greatest films of the past 30 years. twicks, next time you find yourself at the Jersey shore, consider yourself formally invited to the Briston household.

Hey, we’re close to the beach…you could even go for a refreshing dip in the Atlantic afterward. :slight_smile:

Jaws, shmaws.
His best work remains 2010: The Year we Make Contact.

heh.

Wow; didn’t realize Roy Scheider is 72. All my favorite actors are getting old.

Yes. YES!! Ha ha! Y—

Oh. ROY Schneider. Oh.

I totally saw Rob Schneider. Then I felt about myself for not feeling bad and thinking maybe he would be forced to stop making bad movies.

Now I am sad cause I *love *Roy Scheider.

And yeah, twickster, you totally need to see Jaws. Good stuff.

Felt bad. Now I feel worse because I had to say it twice.

I’m sure this is English, yet I cannot comprehend it.

Someone translate.

Nope, his best work remains Blue Thunder

I thought he looked bad in RKO 281, and it upset me, since he’s such a good actor. This is really bad, though.

:frowning:

“Catch ya later. . . .”

JAFO. 'Nuff said.

And yeah, ATJ and Jaws are astonishing films.

He’s 72? When did he get so old? Hell, when did I get so old?!?

:frowning:

This gives me a good excuse to watch Sorcerer again. No Roy Scheider appreciation is complete without it!

You beat me to the punch. This is one of my favorite movies period, although it sank like a rock at the box office.

No way. SeaQuest. Hundred percent.

This is such a bummer. Roy Scheider is one of those guys, like Robert Duvall, who shows up early, turns in a terrific performance, and goes back home again without screaming and jumping on Oprah’s couch.

I wish him well in his struggle.

Multiple myeloma is very treatable.