RPG name question

I played a barbarian named Oomlaut once. Oomlaut the Barbarian. Had a thick Austrian (Schwarzeneggerian) accent. Self-narrated his/my own thoughts and actions. Referred to himself/myself in the third person. Used unnecessarily big words while doing so.

Oomlaut has decided that you have enough edification for now. Oomlaut will peruse the other threads.

I’ve never been able to play a barbarian without naming him Conehead, from the Mad Magazine parody of the Arnie film.

–sublight.

my barbarians are generally mongoloid - i’m a big fan of Gheng Wei…

My big kick ass Nordic type barbarian was called Boneweaver beacause that’s what she was capable of doing. I always thought it should have been more glottal, however, Ruggbok, or Kladderfang, perhaps.

I personally like the old classics, Wulfgar, Ulf, Beowoulf, etc. woodsy, wolf-y things. Hmmm.

Ragnarok and Roll

Cisco

I notice that you’re an AOLer. I created some mini-tools for fantasy RPGs, which includes a couple of name-generators. It’s posted on one of AOL’s RPG libraries.

If you’re using Windows, look for FRPG Mini Tools at AOL KEYWORD:
aol://4400:218.

It’s a pretty long download, because all of the needed .OCX and .DLL files are included. Those libraries are pretty common, though, so if you already have MSVBVM60.DLL on your machine, you probably have them all. If so, email me at soulfrost@innocent.com and I’ll send you just the .EXE (it’s only 250kb.)

If nothing else, poke around in that library–it’s got some really good programs. That area used to be visited heavily, but now almost nobody knows about it–so tell your AOL gamer friends. :slight_smile:

-David

Triskadecamus: “Tanden och näve” means THE tooth and fist. Tand och näve means tooth and fist. Maybe a cool nickname would be “laglös” outlawed, eg Sten laglös.

The vikings used alot of nicknames from physical attributes. For example Blåtand = Bluetooh or rödskägg = redbeard. Or my favorite a viking king called Gångerolf which would be tanslated to Rolf who walks, he got this name because he was so heavy that no horse could carry him.

You can ask me if you need any word translated into swedish. Any more unknown god from norse mythology would be cool IMO. Balder, Heimdal or perhaps Särimmer, the pig who was slaughtered and eaten every night but was alive the next day? =)

The hell you say! Well…ok, i use aol for email and thats all but only because ive had it since 94 and i dont feel like changing my email address heh. Thanks for the tips guys, you have named some really good swedish/norse names and some funny ones too. Im still laughing everytime i think “Big McLargehuge” :smiley:

Then you’re in for a pleasant surprise when you go back and watch some old Joel-era episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000. “Big McLargehuge” (as well as “Chunk Hardslab”) was one of the nicknames Joel and the 'Bots gave to the beefy hero in one of the movies.