Rush is no more

Alex Lifeson is saying that Rush won’t tour or record any more.

I knew that Peart was having physical issues. I knew that they weren’t planning on touring. Now it appears it is offical, Rush is no more.

Link.

This getting old thing sucks.

Slee

There goes my dream of ever seeing them in concert.

I’m glad I saw the 40th anniversary tour. TBH their last few studio albums have been missing something so I wish them the best but not too sad. I can still listen to Signals and Counterparts etc. :slight_smile:

I saw the news over the weekend. Given the rumblings from the past few years, I’m not surprised by it at all. And, given both their perfectionism, and their dedication to each other (and only doing anything as Rush if all three were involved), it’s clearly the right decision for them.

In a just world, this thread would be about Rush Limbaugh.

LOL! :stuck_out_tongue:

When I saw the thread title, my first thought was that one of them had died. Glad that’s not the case.

I was about as surprised when R.E.M. decided to call it quits in 2011, as in not at all.

(Missed the edit deadline)

Alex and Geddy should call their project “Weinribzivojinovic” and see if anyone gets it. :smiley:

I was not a superfan, I may have seen them live once.

For me, there is no sadness, I will be able to enjoy Rush the same way I always have. Through their recordings.

Glad to hear no members are mad, dead or disrespecting the men, the band, the music, or the fans…like SOME PEOPLE in the music business.:smiley:

In honor of Rush, let’s watch the kids in Rio go bonkers ass crazy and add their own vocals to the instrumental YYZ.

File another one under: I thought they were done a long time ago.

Given the nature of Rush fans, I’d bet that the answer is “almost all of their fans.” :smiley:

me too my cousin in law seen them live a couple of times and told me about their shows and every since then ive wanted to go

At least they finally made it into the Rock and Roll HOF before calling it quits. :slight_smile:

My dreams were crushed once I opened the thread.

*A friend wrote me just now:
Really well done rockumentary. It’s about the fans as much as the band, which is fun. I shed a tear or two along the way. In the extras there’s a “The Professor on the drum kit” or some such thing which I really enjoyed of Neil warming up.
But the best part is to hear them look back and reflect on their 40 year undertaking.

I thought they were pretty clear that their last tour was a goodbye tour. Isn’t this old news?

Last I heard was that they were going to do a limited number of shows but hadn’t ruled out recording.

Now new recordings are out.

Slee

Alex and Geddy are 64, Neil is 65. It’s been over for a while now. They accomplished all they set out to, had a great career.

Seriously, there’s a point where you’re done. Sit back and relax with your 97 known children and unnumbered grandchildren. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve seen them more than 50 times going all the way back to Grace Under Pressure.

But good for them. How many bands get to have a long career and retire? Good for them.