Russia invades Ukraine {2022-02-24} (Part 1)

https://www.euractiv.com/section/politics/short_news/vucic-accuses-pristina-of-preparing-assault-on-kosovos-majority-serb-area/

Perhaps, but I think we can discuss how it would affect the current war in this thread.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if the conflict in Chechnya reignited either seeing as Russia has pulled quite a few forces out of the region to support the push into Ukraine.

As requested. I will not reply.

I doubt this was just bad luck or coincidence.

Cite: Oleksiy Vadatursky: Ukraine grain tycoon killed in Russian shelling of Mykolaiv

I’m getting skeptical very much grain will bs exported. A high profile business owner gets killed. I’ve seen news of bombs landing in crop fields that creates fires.

Russia playing the system again.

Awesome. Hopefully a lot more ships will deliver grain in the next few months.

The Russian leadership really do operate like the mafia. It’s the best way to understand their thinking and I feel sorry for ordinary Russian’s who have to live under the thumbs of Putin and co, even though many of them do not realise their predicament.

U.S. officials have contradicted Russian claims that Ukrainian HIMARS were used to strike the Olenivka site where 53 Ukrainian POWs were killed.

It is highly likely that it was a deliberate Russian war crime.

Interesting article about partisan resistance in Kherson. People received training before the war. How to observe and report information and make life uncomfortable for the occupation.

They seem optimistic that Ukraine will take back control of this region.

550 million doesn’t buy a lot any more. :wink:
The HIMARS rockets must be very expensive.

Smart is expensive. But if you only use one instead of a full salvo of six, it’s probably a net savings.

An article from May:

If anyone is on the fence about Russian intentions or “special operations”:

Oh Medvedev.

Visegrád 24 on Twitter: “BREAKING: Dmitri Medvedev has written online that: - Russia will retake Ukraine - Ukraine is “a fake nation” - Russia will recreate the USSR - Russia will retake Georgia after UA - Russia will retake Kazakhstan - Kazakhstan is currently executing a genocide against Russians. https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1554411971063300097/photo/1” / Twitter

“We are going to restore the borders of our motherland, which, as is known, do not end anywhere.”

It’s extremely cheap compared to its huge impact on the war. Theoretically, the U.S. and Ukraine could totally turn around the course/tide of the war for just, say, 1/300th of the overall American defense budget - the cost of a few thousand GMLRS.

I’d have to go with a toss-up between being up late, doing the drugs and posting shit like ya do, versus that his account was hacked

I’d lean towards hacked since I don’t see Russia trying to pay any attention to Kazakhstan right now.

He’s claimed he was hacked, but what he wrote is not inconsistent with his recent postings.

Not so. Major pissing contest after K-stan offers more energy exports to EU.

https://caspiannews.com/news-detail/kazakhstan-voices-readiness-to-help-ease-global-energy-crisis-2022-7-5-14/#:~:text=Kazakhstan%20is%20a%20major%20energy,supplier%2C%20after%20Russia%20and%20Norway.

Not only did Kazakhstan refuse to provide troops to aid the Russian invasion they have said they will not recognise the so-called republics of Donetsk and Lugansk. Then they sent aid to Ukraine.

No doubt the Russians are already plotting to install a more Russian friendly government in Kazakhstan somehow.

Winning the hearts and minds…

“I was hacked” = “I threw some shit out there to see if it would fly, but it didn’t, so I’m disavowing it”
Can also be blamed on an intern.