Russia invades Ukraine {2022-02-24} (Part 1)

I am not championing Russia. This is a terrible war. A waste of life and destruction. I personally think Russia could have been a bit more patient regarding negotiating about NATO membership and even pressing more diplomatically over actually enforcing the Minsk agreement. But just a bit. If that failed. I would have hoped Russia would have only fully mobilized into only into the Donbass areas that had declared independence. Russia for whatever rational decided to come in on a wider basis at first. And also decided to go further than the Donbass in the south.
I am not championing Russia. Just relating what the actual situation is. It was always going to be a very lopsided fight, favoring Russia.
It is war. Terrible things will happen by circumstance or design by both sides. In many cases it is in desperation at the moment. Not evil intent.
Nations have their security concerns. All through history a nation will go to war when those concerns are pressed far enough. I hope we can at some point get past this. That no nation will seek to dominate another with force or threat of force.
But that has not come to pass yet.
I wish that there would be an immediate ceasefire. The Donbass areas be granted independence. Russian forces withdraw. Crimea hold another referendum to ensure it be validated internationally.
Ukraine and Russia sign a nonaggression pact. The Donbass and Crimea regions become a free trade zone between West and East. Ukraine nation be neutral. I wish all nations be neutral. I can dream…
Russia and some other countries pour in reconstruction efforts to all parts of Ukraine and Donbass.