Safari on iOS, you are a steaming pile

Except, as the OP, I’ll call you full of shit since I don’t have an original iPad, I have an iPad 2. Which is a system with a 1GHz dual-core CPU with 512 MB of RAM. if such a system can’t keep a single fucking web page in RAM for less than one minute, then it is fucking broken by design.

I had an iPad 1, and experienced the OP’s issue on more than one occasion to the point where I’d copy and paste my draft in a word editor or Notes before I opened another tab.

I haven’t noticed this behavior on my iPad 3. I’ve never owned an iPad 2.

Check out Atomic Web, Side by Side +, Mercury, or Skyfire if you no likey Chrome.

You can call me full of shit if you like, but please note that while you didn’t mention the iPad 1 other posters did. I don’t have an iPad 2 so I can’t evaluate your claims (although having been released less than a year after the first iPad I’d be unsurprised to find that it suffers from some of the same issues).

Even my frustratingly slow iPad 1 with half the memory can usually do that much. Without seeing it in action I can only suppose that you’re exaggerating for effect.

I want to make sure to point out the key word there: usually. I definitely notice the behavior on the iPad 1, it just doesn’t usually kick in if I switch one tab and back.

He’s not exaggerating. I’m posting from an iPad 2 right now. I had two tabs open, and opened a third, and came back to this page, which reloaded. I’ve never lost a post from this behavior, but that’s more luck than anything else.