Sam Stone believes Trump's tweets

Would you hate the birds for singing?

Frankly, I’m a little surprised that Sam is pulling an octopus act. I honestly thought he was better than that,

Another example of the maxim “Everything Trump touches turns to shit.”

What is ‘an octopus’? And how does one pull it?

As a reminder: After four years of bagging on Trump on this board, I saw a tweet by him that looked like it might be true - not because Trump doesn’t lie, but because in this case it seemed too stupid to lie about, even for him. And if true, it had a ton of implications. I thought it would be an interesting subject for discussion, so opened a thread where I explained why I thought it was an interesting subject to discuss, IF TRUE.

For that, I was attacked to the point where the mods had to shut the thread down, then the party was taken to the pit, where I continue to be attacked, mocked, given the, ‘oh, I thought you were better’ treatment, yada yada.

You all have gone off the deep end.

Oh, poor poor pitiful you. If you don’t want to be mocked, stop posting stupid shit. You whine about people mocking you, and then you post stuff that deserves to be mocked. Playing the sad victim card in the Pit absolutely deserves to be mocked.

Here Sam. Maybe this will make you feel better.

It’s not the one Tweet you fucking nit wit.

The ton of implications of that Tweet were obvious bullshit. You should have recognized them as obvious bullshit and realized the Tweet was false, but you did not because of your tragic gullibility.

This thread is still going, not in small part, due to your continuing demonstration of you tragic gullibility in other threads e.g. Hunter Biden’s laptop thread. You are continuing to ‘balance’ facts with clear and obvious bullshit.

It would be sad if you weren’t such a smarmy douche.

Honestly, anyone who thinks there is something too stupid for Trump to lie about simply hasn’t been paying attention for the last four years. From the very first day of his administration, he lied about the size of the crowd at his inauguration even though it could easily be checked. It is mind-boggling that anyone with a brain bigger than an opossum’s could make such an absurd statement.

Well, that was a fundamentally stupid assumption on your part, wasn’t it?

Be it hereby named.

But shouldn’t that give you pause? I don’t have a dog in this particular fight. I didn’t participate in the original thread, nor have I in this one up to now. I don’t participate in GD or political threads much, and I don’t recall having been critical of you before. I’ve had an impression of you as being a reasonabley sensible conservative. Now here I see you trying to defend posting stupid shit, and being a big crybaby when called on it. I’m not one of your enemies, but when I see someone just embarrassing themselves I had to say something.

Oh hey, I just read that Trump eats deep-fried human fetuses. Now, I don’t know if it’s true that Trump eats deep-fried human fetuses, but it MIGHT be true and seems too dumb to lie about, and wouldn’t that be an interesting subject to discuss IF TRUE? It would have a ton of implications if Trump did in fact eat deep-fried human fetuses.

And if I get mocked for bringing this up, it’s just evidence that you all have gone off the deep end, and this is just an echo chamber.

Deep fried. C’mon now, that’s not fair. I’d probably eat that.
Boiled fetuses, however, only a Republican would get into that.

But why? It’s not like he’s going to be primaried…

Looking back on a lot of Sam’s posts over the last couple of years, there is SOME truth to his claim that he has “bagged on Trump”, if in a very kid-gloved kind of way. The problem is, he absolutely, unhesitatingly carries ALL THE WATER for the Republican Party, which also means he basically soft-pedals a pro-Trump position, then follows it up with “but Trump sure sucks, amirite?”

It’s possible to be a conservative and not full of shit, Sam. I’m sorry to say that the Republicans left that position en masse in the last four years.

AND now he owes a royalty to ocotpus. This keeps getting worse and worse for him.

Well-done, with ketchup.

Should rename himself to Sam_Squid.

TGI Friday’s sucks.