Sam Stone believes Trump's tweets

I’ve commented several times how odd Sam Stone’s obsession with U.S politics and defense/cheerleading for the GOP looks to me. It didn’t occur to me he may not be actually Canadian. That would make some sense and would fit more than I had really considered.

Either way, he’s a complete moron and has turned into a total Trump apologist. I feel the best approach at this point is to just scroll past when I see a post from him.

Heh…

:wave:

Oh, there are plenty of folks in Alberta who have basically turned into Trump-Party apologists. They are some full-on Trumpers in that province.

I’m talking folks who will tell you that Trump is currently president, and very soon, Biden and Hillary will be arrested for hiding children in the ship that was stuck in the Suez Canal. They have gone off the deep end. Sam looks sane by comparison.

He’s still a moron in my book.

He’s now complaining about the US building high speed trains. Strange concern for a Canadian. Doesn’t Canada have trains he could complain about?

And now DrDeth has waded into that thread. If only there was a way to confine both there.

Sam is an embarrassment…I’d be delighted to learn that that he wasn’t really Canadian.

(I’m Canadian).

You’ve got to be kidding. There’s a whole bunch of Canadians arguing American politics here. They just argue the Dem side all the time so I guess you didn’t notice.

Meh, I think it’s more that Sam_Stone is the one who seems to be really on a mission about it. He doesn’t just chime in on existing threads about US politics, he’s continually starting new threads on US political subjects, bolstered up with screeds of US right-wing talking points.

Here’s Sam very concerned about the slippery slope dangers of hate speech laws in the USA. He somehow forgets that he is Canadian and that Canada has had speech laws for decades and that none of the shit he’s worried about has happened in Canada.

For some reason he’s much more concerned about potential hate speech laws in the US than actual hate speech laws in Canada.

His news feed is likely telling him that the US is in danger of choosing to build high speed trains instead of a pipeline to take his precious bitumen to market.

And this is an anathema to an oil dude.

My first thought: What sad lives you all must live to spend this much effort trying to tear down fellow SDMB members who have the audacity to disagree with you. It’s like watching insecure mean girls trying to constantly tear down the girls not in their clique.

My second thought: If you are taking flak, you know you’re over the target. So I’ll take your constant outrage and need to vent about me in the pit as a compliment. Thanks!

Meh, I still remember that in the past climate change discussions I got a lot of flack from guys like you, looking at the science now it is clear that those that were on your side where the sad ones.

Even sadder, most of those former posters ended up showing their true colors, starting as climate change contrarians, then appearing as nativists, then racists and then some ended up as Holocaust deniers and banned.

What is really sad is that you are not showing any hint of awareness about why you are sliding towards a similar fate, you continue to deny that you are what your sorry sources give you to eat.

You don’t think that’s kind of a completely bullshit comment to make towards a specific person? I know the climate change stick up your ass goes straight out your mouth but maybe a sideways accusation of Holocaust denial is a little too far?

So, you like the “constant outrage and need to vent” your posts produce. Do they have a word in Canadian for that?
Would you go as far as saying that you post with the intent of causing “constant outrage and need to vent”?
(“You have established what you are, Sam. We are now merely haggling over the exact type of troll you are.”

It’s exactly what I expected.

Are you saying Sam eats stupid food?

Read it again you numnuts, I’m not saying that to Sam but to anothe posters that did indeed follow that path, one was banned and another just stopped posting as soon as it came out that he was indeed a holocaust denier. Sam and others can avoid that path. If they are willing.

Honestly, it’s not that much effort. You make it really easy for us.