San DiegDopefest II (south) - planning

Spiny Norman and I are definitely up for joining the festivities. We only have 2 things that could potentially cause a conflict – our cat’s sub-q fluids schedule and Thomas’s new night shift schedule (which will supposedly include rotating weekend nights).

Not that we expect everyone to accomodate our schedule, but as of now, the weekends we have available in April, May and June that work best with Miss Mew’s fluid therapy are:April 12[sup]th[/sup]/13[sup]th[/sup], May 3[sup]rd[/sup]/4[sup]th[/sup], May 24[sup]th[/sup]/25[sup]th[/sup] (though that’s the Memorial holiday weekend, as well as my birthday [the 25[sup]th[/sup]] and our 1 year anniversary [the 26[sup]th[/sup]], so I’m not sure we’d want to spend it at a dopefest – no offense intended), and **June 14[sup]th[/sup]/15[sup]th[/sup] **.

It would be harder because we’d have to leave early in the day on Sunday instead of having the whole day to hang out, have brunch, go to the zoo, etc., but we could make work the following Saturdays: April 5[sup]th[/sup], April 26[sup]th[/sup], May 17[sup]th[/sup], June 7[sup]th[/sup] or June 28[sup]th[/sup]

Any and/or all of those dates could change once we find out what Thomas’s weekend work schedule will be. I’ll come post an update as soon as we have an answer.

However, even if he doesn’t have to work, absolutely, positively out for us are, April 19[sup]th[/sup], May 10[sup]th[/sup], May 31[sup]st[/sup] & June 21[sup]st[/sup], because Mew has to get juiced up on those Saturday night’s, so we can’t be away overnight.

As for location suggestions, I have no idea how central it is to everyone there because I’m not familiar with the San Diego area, but how about Dave and Buster’s (San Diego: 2931 Camino Del Rio North)? They’ve got a pretty diverse menu (with not outrageous prices, as I recall) and an arcade attached for fun and frollicking after dinner, as well as a bar area (possibly a live band?) and billiards and shufflboard.

Dave & Busters is about as central as you can get in San Diego. I haven’t been there yet but have heard good things.

Dave & Buster’s isn’t too bad, but can be very loud.

Oh, wait.

We can be very loud.

Nevermind.

(Hey, CelticCowboy, let’s talk 'bout them Ren Faire tickets. :))

Hi scout! I’ve been to Dave and Buster’s in both St. Louis and Dallas and they really are a lot of fun, hence the suggestion even though I haven’t been to this one.

Scrolling back up I see that JavaMaven and JustPlainBryan can’t do May 3[sup]rd[/sup]/4[sup]th[/sup] because of their nuptials (Congrats!), SisterCoyote is booked through May 17[sup]th[/sup] and May/June work best for Rico and cadolphin so, since every other weekend in May but the 3[sup]rd[/sup] sucks for me and Spiny, I’ll put our vote in for June 14[sup]th[/sup]/15[sup]th[/sup] (and pray that Thomas doesn’t have to work that weekend!).

SisterCoyote, you’re welcome to crash at my place (as long as you like plenty of cats and dogs). Any weekend from mid-May on is fine for me.

Ah, yes - D&B’s was fun in Philly and it’s fun in SD. Certainly something to put on the table (if not for this time, then definitely another time).

No pixie sticks, though, as I recall. :wink:

Esprix

Oh, don’t you worry 'bout those pixie sticks.
This time, we’ll come prepared.

Count me in! And maybe Astrogirl as well, assuming she is here by then…

I’m now in Clairmont, but I’m new here so I have no input as to where we’ll go.:smiley:

Welcome to the neighborhood - it’s about damn time! I expect to be meeting you two post haste.

Esprix

Count on it!:wink:

Well, Coldfire will be here the weekend after next. Pity it’s too soon for the event. Ah, well. Another time, McLeod.

Perhaps if I entice Boi Toi to come down we might get Heloise to make a trip without Coldfire:wink:

Esprix

Boi Toi? I’m so there. :smiley:

’Sprix, surely you wouldn’t want to go through the agony of seeing one of your beaux entirely confused by a beautiful woman again, you masochist you? :slight_smile:

Eh, he’s a big boy - he can take care of himself. (And if he can’t, I’m sure Heloise will give him a hand. :wink: ) The question is, can you handle Heloise being confused by a beautiful Japanese cowboy? :smiley:

Esprix

I think she handled the situation admirably last time!

[sub]Of course, she was a bachelorette then. At least for another 4 hours or so. :)[/sub]

Let me see, I could surf Cardiff reef on the evening glass off, then drop off my board, get Mrs. Stranger and make it down South in plenty of time.

My vote is Dave and Buster’s. Haven’t been to one since I was last in Dallas.

Coldie’s coming to LA? Is he bringing his kilt?

I enjoyed the “Pits ‘n’ Chips” Dope Fest very much, and I’m really looking forward to the next one in San Diego. Thanks Esprix for planning it. Let me know if you need any help. Given enough advance notice, I can make it just about any day.

Oh, and Heloise, I think you should bring Coldfire down here anyway, even if we can’t organize an official fest fast enough. It seems a shame to travel halfway around the world, and just end up in L.A. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yee-haw! :stuck_out_tongue: