San Jose (CA) Dopers, what to do?

So, are we still on for Monday?

I don’t suppose we could push it to Tuesday?
I recently got stuck having to stay at work until 8:00pm on Monday.

If we do, I can’t make it. It’s up to Bobo.

Monday’s still cool with me.

Monday is fine with me, but if we meet at the hotel we need to know which one it is.

Per Bobo, upthread: Doubletree Hotel. If this is the right place and he’s still going, I propose we land on him in the lobby at 6:30.

If not, then abort.

DoubleTree by the airport, 2050 Gateway Place.
6:30? Was that the plan? I hope to be out of work by 5:30 or so, since this is mostly a TOI-type trip I don’t think we’ll be keeping long hours. Besides, I feel a cold coming Monday afternoon.

There’s no Shakey’s Pizza in San Jose, is there? Looked like they were all near LA… I wouldn’t subject anyone else to it, but we haven’t had one here since my cruizin’ dayz (a long, long time ago).

Bobo, I’m afraid that I’m going to have to be the ass and bail. I missed too much work unpaid last week to be frivolous with a $100 fuel bill (which is what it took to fill up today- ouch!)

I’m sorry, I’ll catch you next time.

I’m still in, and I’m good for any day.

Blah, I have something conflicting on Monday, so I’m only good to come on Tuesday now :frowning:

Dagnabbit Jules. You got a nasty note from my wife, didn’t you? :wink:

I’ve nothing going either evening, so whatever works for everyone else is fine with me.

Hey, is the Winchester House around those parts?

Yes, it’s near there, but it looks like the last tour is at 5. Winchester Mystery House

I went last year, and it’s pretty neat.

Sorry Bobo, and don’t go blaming your wife!

Yes. I suppose it’s worth a visit just to say that you’ve been there. Check out the tour prices, though.

Egads! If I really want to see something built by a crazy person, I’ll go look in my shop.
The tour should include a box of .30-30 for that price.

Cousins-in-law and I might go see Body Works. Odd how many people I apparently know around there. Odd how many odd people…

Body Works is there? Ooh, I may have to take the kids to that.

A bowl of soup in the hotel is $8, I walked up to a Hawaiian place and stuffed my face for the same price.

Sure is a lot of air around these parts.

Glad you made it to our neck of the woods.

To answer one of your questions above…there is still one Shakey’s pizza in San Jose, at 1705 Story Road (near King). Not the best part of town, but that’s the only one I’m aware of still around. Use to be one on every corner.

As far as Winchester Mystery House vs. Body Works…GO TO BODYWORKS. We went in Minnesota and it’s awesome.

Hope you all have a wonderful time at your Dopefest…I won’t be able to make it.
Sorry to far from home on a work night.

jean

Well, I’ve managed to get a car today, so if I get out early I can swing by.
But swing by where? Does anyone that’s going have the ability to post where they are from a mobile?

Tuesday is fine with me. I shouldn’t have committed to anything on a Monday, anyway

To continue on my previous post -
I’m used to different hours back in my little cow-town. Start working at 8, done by 5. Here it is 10:00 and people are just starting to trickle in, so I really don’t have any idea when I’m getting out of here tonight.

Would Tuesday work for anyone?