Sausages onna cheeseburger!

Does it have to be link-type sausages? One time I made a cheeseburger that was a mixture of ground beef and ground sausage and it came out really well.

[Moderating]

I think that’s the change you wanted to the poll, right?

I’ve gone “backwards” over the last decade, getting less creative with my burgers, until they’re almost little more than meat, cheese, and bread, with a dab of mustard or mayo.

I do still like a classic bacon cheeseburger, with lettuce, tomato, and mayo. Occasionally, a burger with grilled/sautéed onions and/or mushrooms is good, too.

Sausage on a cheeseburger? Nope. Not my thing.

Now I have made decent sausage sandwiches, using brats and Italian sausage, but they still tend towards simplicity. With brats and other/assorted German-style sausages, a brown mustard is best, maybe with some sweet 'kraut on it. But it also works with cole slaw and BBQ sauce, too.

For Italian-style sausage sandwiches, I like grilled/sautéed peppers and onions, a dab of sweet mustard perhaps, and hold the red sauce, please.

Thanks, Chronos.

{citation needed}

Never seen such a thing in my life. I don’t doubt someplace somewhere could be doing it but definitely not “lots” of places, least not in America (in general, I could understand if a certain region might be into that).

i don’t see anything wrong with it per se, but I think it would be better to keep them separate, like a burger with a sausage on the side (and hot dogs aren’t sausages! never heard anyone but twattish tv chefs call it such, it’s just… a hot dog.)

That will come as a surprise to millions of europeans who enjoy Vienna sausage. Many of them only call it a ‘hot dog’ if it’s in a bun with the usual US condiments. And the rest of them just call it a Vienna sausage, or a wiener.

What??

It may not be the best sausage, but it’s clearly a sausage by any definition of the word.

Double Dutch Burger
The Shack Cheeseburger
Google

Yes, they are.

A dab of mustard (French’s Yellow mustard please) a bit of mayo, lettuce, tomato, a bit of onion, a bit of pickle, cheese is good, blue cheese if I’m feeling extravagant. These are all condiment which if done correctly enhance and support the flavor of the beef (gotta be careful with that cheese though, specially the blue cheese) Bacon, nope, not my thing, no ham, no egg, no pastrami or anything else, those compete with the flavor of the beef, just doesn’t appeal to me.

Those composite burgers remind me of the Canadian Inception Burger

Not all of them. Some of them call it a Frankfurter Wurst. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I waaaay overgeneralized there. There are those who call it a hot frankfurt wiener wurst dog broodje, hold the kaas.

La Crosse has places that serve sausage on a burger:
Old Crow Fest Burger burger w/ bratwurst
Dublin Square Pig-Out Burger burger w/ sausage, ham and bacon

I like them.

Brian

Hot dogs not sausages? Of course they are!

Anyhow, a chorizo patty on a cheeseburger can be quite nice, and so is the oostburger, so I voted yes. I’ve had versions though I didn’t like, like the goblin cock from Kuma’s Corner which was a Chicago style hot dog on top of a big burger.

The Johnsonville bratwurst patties are amazing, perhaps even edging out the sausage in my book.
When grilled the get a bit of char and are just utterly delicious.

I’m ecumenical, I’ll try pretty much anything on a burger as long as its’ structural integrity holds. If you can’t pick it up and eat then I draw the line.

Curiously enough, I just read about such a thing in one of the books I listed in the Whatcha Reading Jan. 2018 thread.

In Utah Curiosities: Quirky Characters, Roadside Oddities, and Offbeat Fun by Brandon Griggs, he discusses the Shooting Star Saloon in Huntsville Utah*, definitely a quirky roadside oddity.

I’m sure other bars have thought of the same basic idea.

*I’d heard of this place before (although not their burgers), but I’ve never been there. I think it’s listed in Roadside America. But I never heard of the burger before.

**Presumably kielbasy. I could see it going with the hamburgers and cheese.

At various restaurants in Green Bay (where I grew up), you can get a burger that has one beef patty, and one patty made from bratwurst meat. I love those, and the Johnsonville Grillers patties are pretty similar (though I wish that they were a bit thinner).

I’d rather have the sausage than the cheese.

I voted that I’ve never had one and it doesn’t sound good, but primarily because I was picturing a burger that’d wind up too big to easily eat. If it’s too big to get a little of everything in one bite, I’m not interested.

Flavor-wise, I’m concerned the sausage and burger would compete rather than complement each other, but I’d be game to try it out.

My mom used to make a thing called a penny burger. She’d slice a hot dog into medallions and incorporate it into the raw hamburger which was formed into patties. Healthy, it ain’t, but it was kind of cool when I was 7 and got a hamburger AND a hot dog.