Scenes you don't want to miss in movies

I was talking with a friend about scenes in movies that, if you miss them, you really regret it. I have a few.

It I’m watching the original Ghostbusters I feel bad if I miss the “Millions of registered voters” line.

Missing Bubba’s momma collapse on the porch, in Forrest Gump, is disappointing.

Hearing Charlton Heston give the damned dirty apes line is so great. In his autobiography he said when he spoke that line the roughness of his voice was due to an awful cold he had, not acting it.

There are many more, but I want to hear if you all have favorite lines you hate to miss.

Say what one more time!

What movie was that?

Pulp Fiction.

“Gimme that baby you warthog from Hay-ell!!”

Intelligence is a very valuable thing, innit, my friend? And usually it comes far too f*****g late.

ISWYDT :rofl:

:clown_face: . . Shhh… don’t tell Jules.

But I agree: that line, and his Biblical quote are must-see.

“To the Pain”

“You can’t handle the truth!”

(A few good men)

Thanks, I appreciate it when people give the movie or song they’re referencing.

That could also be a contender* for a thread “Scenes That Are Worth Watching The Rest Of The Movie For”.

*And, on topic, “I coulda been a contender!”
(On the Waterfront… in fact, I don’t remember any other scenes…)

A good scene, but I’ve always felt that The Princess Bride had a problem with pacing; the first half is better than the second. The best scenes are Westley’s fights with Inigo, Fezzik, and Vizzini. That may be the only flaw in the movie.

Fun bit of trivia, Prince Humperdinck is married to Monty Hall’s daughter.

Kingsman, the big over-the-top fight in the church. Ridiculous on its face, but so well shot that it ends up glorious in its insanity.

“Hey, it’s Enrico Pallazzo!”

—The Naked Gun

I don’t disagree, but it’s the pacing of the book as well. A peril of a wonderful adaptation. Which I actually mentioned recently in the “funny novel” thread: the movie is so well done, so quotable, with so many individually perfect moments (this thread) that it overshadows the source.

Sorry, but nothing in the Princess Bride beats “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!”

The Princess Bride (11/12) Movie CLIP - My Name Is Inigo Montoya (1987) HD (youtube.com)

I’ve read The Princess Bride. In fact, I deliberately sought out an early edition from before the movie was made. That author’s asides were printed in red, whereas later editions use italics.

Another great scene, but the movie is essentially a comedy. The fights Westley goes through to rescue Buttercup are brilliantly funny. When Rugen and Humperdinck get their cumeuppances, they give the movie the fairy-tale resolution that it needs, but they aren’t funny the way the rest of the movie is.

The first 7 minutes of The Rundown.

Evil, portly Auric Goldfinger being sucked out of a small jet airplane window in “Goldfinger.”

We got no food, we got no money, our PET’S HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!!

Gregory Peck - The Guns of Navarone (1961)

“You think you’ve been getting away with it all this time, standing by.
Well, son… your bystanding days are over!
You’re in it now, up to your neck!
They told me that you’re a genius with explosives. Start proving it!

You got me in the mood to use this thing, and by God, if you don’t think of something, I’ll use it on you!!

I mean it.”

And right before this, David Niven says Andrea needs to be killed:

" I can’t speak for the others but I’ve never killed a woman before-- traitor or not-- and I’m finicky, so why don’t you do it?
Why don’t you let us off for once?
Come on, be a pal!
Be a father to your men!
Come down off that cross of yours, close your eyes, think of England and pull the
trigger!
What do you say, sir?!"