Schitt's Creek

Anyone watching Schitt’s Creek? I discovered the first 2 seasons on Amazon a couple of years ago and now those and the 3rd season are on Netflix. I think it’s hilarious. I don’t know anyone else who watches it - I’ve recommended it but no one has yet to watch it.

Mu family watches it. We’ve enjoyed it from the beginning. Eugene Levy and Catharine O’Hara are always great, but the kids may be overshadowing them.

I agree. David has some great lines. Altho Moira’s wigs and outfits are great too.

I’ve watched some of it and I’ve enjoyed it. I’m working my way thru all the episodes slowly but surely.

I watched the first episode. It was not appealing at all, so that is all I have ever watched.

As a big fan of Christopher Guest, I was really looking forward to it. I gave up after three or four episodes. I didn’t like it at all.

Possibly my favorite comedy on TV today. Every scene David’s in is hilarious. And on a personal note, the overall message of the show resonates with me: There’s much happiness to be found in life even without money, sometimes *especially *without money. Great show; we just blazed through season 3.

I started watching it but it never grabbed me. I might come back to it some day. I do love David!

First season didn’t grab me. But they started the second season with a recap of the first and I’ve been watching it since then. Is another season starting up?

Anyway, it’s not what I’d call a great show, but it’s quirky and different, a nice change of pace from the usual fare.

3rd season is on Netflix right now!

Funny. In ninth and tenth grade I went to West Springfield HS in Springfield VA, and we used to get baked on the outskirts of the school next to…Shit’s Creek!

I’m so glad you posted this. I loved the first two seasons and had no idea there was a third. It’s one of those shows where none of the characters is particularly endearing at first but then they all grow on you after a while.

I watched most of the first season but despite my favorite comedy actors in the chief roles I couldn’t get into it; it started to feel like a one-joke run that got tired. I had the same experience with Last Man on Earth.

The 3rd season is the best! I watch it in bed on my tablet every night. As I watch it I think to myself, “I wish I had someone to watch this with!” It’s not my husband’s type of humor at all so I haven’t even tried watching it with him. It would be fun to laugh with someone else as I watch it.

We tried to watch the first episode last night. Found it painfully unfunny. Maybe we shouldn’t have started it right after watching season 3 of Kimmy Schmidt. It isn’t fair.

Tried watching but gave up after about 4 eps and a complete dearth of chuckles. Also found the eyebrows too distracting.

Season 3 was already broadcast on Pop. I was wondering if they’re coming back for season 4.

Yessir.

I don’t really think it’s that great for a binge watch. I would take it in smaller doses. I also didn’t care for it in the beginning but the characters grow on you, especially David.

There was this one show folks recommended to me, it was supposed to be a hilarious comedy about chalkboard manufacturers. The first episode consisted of character after character scraping their fingernails down the chalkboards. No dialogue, just scrape, scrape, scrape.

Okay, not really, but that’s what the first ten minutes of Schitt’s Creek felt like to me, so I turned it off and don’t plan to turn it back on. Glad others like it!