It’s a non-chemical pest control. It works great for that purpose, and if ingested in pretty small quantities, well, it hasn’t killed us yet.
We use it lightly dusted throughout our grains, flour, and pasta which are stored for long periods of time to kill the little bug eggs and baby bugs that eventually infest those foods - I’d rather eat a few crushed-up microscopic shells than eat bugs - and in the case of the grains and pasta, we rinse them before preparing them to eat in order to diminish the DO that we’re ingesting.
We also use it thickly dusted under our houses and barns to combat termites and in our yard to combat fire ants.
I sure as hell wouldn’t go eating the stuff as a supplement - why would you need to?
Most residents of the USA don’t have parasites as a general health concern (usually one notices parasites, and most parasites come from unclean drinking water, which most USA residents don’t have to worry about), and DO won’t do anything to your bacteria. I also don’t believe (I don’t have a cite, sorry) that DO is as effective when it’s wet, so once inside you, I have a hard time believing it would do much more than bind up with your food and pass on through your GI tract.
At the worst (which if you’re eating a shitload of it, could happen) it’s going to sandpaper away your GI lining, and then you have ulcers and infections and irritations galore, which will make you significantly less happy than you would be otherwise.
Save this one to kill bugs with, and you’re in good company. Eat it, and that’s getting into weird territory.