Scooby Doo and Scrappy answer

Thank you SO much for that information! I was watching this old tape with four hours of old Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon runs my uncle had taped for me back in the 90’s, and while watching the Scooby Doo episode featuring Josie and the Pussy Cat Dolls (where the captain of the ship was named Captain Cannabi) I decided I wanted to research the show’s origins. I’ve stayed up most of the night looking up different sections of your post and am so excited by what I learned! I watched an entire episode ‘The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis’ on YouTube with less than 300 views on each section, and listened to a whole episode of the radio version of ‘Our Miss Brooks’ after about 30 minutes of trying to hear Walter Denton’s voice! Haha, anyhow, thanks for a night well spent. Now I’m much sharper on the culture spin of dirty beatnick teens hahaha.

Is this the column you’re referring to?

I don’t know why this bothers me so much… but it’s Josie and the Pussycats not Pussycat Dolls.

I would very much like to see this.

–Cliffy

[del]PotAto, pototo…[/del]

Sorry.

• “Jack”

And by the way, contrary to Scott’s supposition, Casey Kasem has in fact returned to voice Shaggy since the column was written.
Powers &8^]

Resurrecting this to respectfully ask Scott (or whoever else has permission) to modify the article based on Powers’s information.

I realize this can take a long time, and that it might not be considered worth it. On the other hand, I’ve seen revisions of more trivial information in Cecil’s articles…

That report was written back in 2000. Scott, alas, has not been part of the SDSAB for quite some time.

However… if one of you would like to add an appendix paragraph to update, I’d be glad to have it added, under your name. Either post it here or email me.

If you’re updating the article, you might also mention that William Hanna, Joseph Barbera, and Iwao Takamoto have all passed away since it was written.

If you’re going to update the article, perhaps you can fix this minor typo: