Scumpup...who or what is he/she?

Well, whatever it is, 'rhoids or irritable bowel syndrome, it must be acting up again. He’s at it again.

I don’t know **scumpup **from bumfuck, but I am amused that Colibri’s only stated crtiticism of him is that he takes jabs at other posters.

Colibri then cites a long list of examples, but not before saying this:

mmm

You are like the dollar store off-brand ramen version of Scumpup: bad to begin with, but you’re just a a blander version.

You might wish to examine the logic of implying that anyone who takes a swipe at another poster is a pathetic asshole, when your only reason to post to this this thread was to take a swipe at me.:smiley:

Wow, that’s pretty cutting, saying Mustard is bland. Cutting Mustard. I crack myself up sometimes.

Excellent point.

We’re all pathetic. :slight_smile:
mmm

No, not all, not by any means. But I’ve noticed your tendency to take mean-spirited cracks at other posters before. It seems to be a kind of hobby. At least your username is honest. But you have a long way to go to sink to the level of depravity of the subject of this thread.

“Mean” = “stingy”, miserly", “cheap.”

At least in this instance. NOT “cruel.”

It’s both, really. He’s a stingy bastard, but he also yells obscene things at the queen.

And he’s a dirty old man into the bargain.

To be fair, it’s the only place that I’ve ever been.
mmm

Just getting this old thread warmed up–we will probably be needing it soon.

Atheists are just as delusional and belief driven as the religious; no one…no one…can possibly know the origin of the universe. No one…no one…can possibly know who or what if anything is behind the creation of the universe. The only belief system that adresses the realities of what we actually know is agnosticism.

probably fronted by GG Allin

This is an absurd statement.

Belief and knowledge are two totally different things. If you know something for a fact it’s no longer faith. Agnosticism isn’t a belief system, it’s a lack of one.

Not that I’m criticizing it, I was an agnostic for some time so I understand it.

I know this is a pile on thread against Scumpup, and I won’t try and defend things he’s said that sound ugly.

I just wanted to say that maybe, for whatever reason, something has changed him. I’ve had almost no interaction with him, except once, and that was over fifteen years ago. He participated in the first of the “Finish the” stories that were a fad for a while, it was a Western. I went back and checked, and he contributed six entries at least, very good ones, advancing the plot quite well. Nothing seemed odd in his attitude then. I am sorry if things have changed him.

The premise behind this is that “atheist” means assertive: if you cannot say that you are absolutely certain that God does not exist then you have not ascended to the lofty platform of atheism. Merely saying you have no belief in a deity leaves you short of the mark. Atheism must be as positivist as theism – look, it is right there in the name!

I have very, very few posters on ignore, but my life has been better since I put both Scumpup and madsircool on the list. I highly recommend it.

He made a simple joke as a response in his thread, I thought it was quietly funny.
Sorry wolfpup but I’m going to quote him.

“Thanks both to those who answered the question as asked and those who told me some long stuff.”