SDMB:A nice cup of tea and a sit down. Thank your fav posters

Thanks Vinyl Turnip. I appreciate the gags.

Alessan,Nava and Skald come to mind right off the bat plus all of my Mumpers esp FCM and Swampy

Capt/JIM

I really enjoy **KaylasDad’s **contributions to the mini-rants threads. They’re always sympathetic and witty at the same time.

**MandaJO **always has good advice and makes wonderful analogies. She must be a fabulous teacher.

If **Colibri **or **Stranger **or **Sailboat **or **Qagdop **or **Blake **says something, I believe it’s true.

And I just really like reading what monstro, Olives, WhyNot, and **MeanOldLady **have to say.

Special thanks to the mini-ranters each month in the Pit. Reading (and even helping) them makes my problems seem more mini.

I can’t really pick favorites. We’re a great team here.

Even the idiots are useful because they give us a chance to either educate or ridicule, both of which are fun!

All of you. Every. Single. Damn. One. of You! You make this place fun and interesting and more like “home” than a website.

The intelligence, the wit, the arguments, the feuds? Oh Dear Og, add canned spinach and crappy meatloaf & I’d SWEAR I grew up here…

Indistinguishable is the only poster I know of who regularly replies to his own posts.

And he’s capable of making valuable contributions to mathematical threads on all levels, from the simple to the incomprehensibly abstruse.

You beat me to it. Everything Manda JO posts is full of wisdom. If she wrote an advice column, I would read it regularly.

What? What did I miss? Why? :frowning:

“Janitor!”

pushes broom through thread

nothing to see here

There was some anti-gay stuff hereand some use of transgender slurs here:frowning:

And in an attempt not to threadshit, or even threadsplit, I’ll get back on topic by joining the love for Mean Old Lady and the mouse thread! Ohh, and **flatlined **and her work tales :slight_smile:

And I hate to say it, but I even secretly enjoy reading about **Ambivalid **and his tireless crusade against the illegal parkers of this world :wink:

That is probably the best thing anyone could say to me. Thank you.

When I talk to people in meatspace, it’s really hard for me not to constantly say, ‘‘So, on this message board where I post…’’ It’s pretty much a daily ritual for me to give my husband a rundown of the board drama. Is this sad? It might be sad. But I don’t think I care anymore.

Yes. So much yes.

I hadn’t seen those. What a loss. :frowning: Thank you Cinnamon Imp.

Another vote for Ambivalid. There are few people in this world whom I would like to sit down and have a drink with, and Jamie is one of them.

I sincerely miss melodyharmonius. I don’t know where she is it why she left, but I miss her tremendously.

Olivesmarch4th. More than anyone, she has made me realize I am not alone in my depression and that I can find ways to cope. I owe a lot of my sanity to her, and I’m so grateful she’s a part of this board. In fact, she is likely my favorite poster.

rachelellogram. Down-to-earth and gives some good advice. Another person I would like to sit and visit with for a while.

Skald. Obviously. Who doesn’t like Skald?

I’ve felt connected to, or especially appreciative of, some of the following:
Wombat, John Mace, Ekers, Hentor, Ender, Colibri, and Cymk. Most of you guys will probably have no idea of why, or when…Often it wasn’t even any direct interaction, just admiring the contributions as you’ve offered them.