SDMB:A nice cup of tea and a sit down. Thank your fav posters

As I always say in these threads, Rick is a peach and if I thought I could ship it I would bake him a cake.

I want to thank Chefguy for making me laugh out loud. Thanks!

**Le Ministre de l’au-delà **- for being gracious, knowledgeable, a great literary host, and once again: gracious.

And sometimes, just when a thread is verging on too much rationality, digs shows up and interjects some absurdity.

A shout-out to **Sampiro **and **Eve **- you are valued, and while I respect your decisions to leave, the SDMB is a poorer place without you both.

Yet another vote for Stranger on a Train. But I have to give a shoutout to my man Rick, too, who accurately diagnosed my car over the Interwebs. elucidator brings tears of laughter to my eyes with his posts, but he knows that, and I love Skald.

You know how I feel about feelings, Mika. You’re supposed to say, "Well, I wouldn’t shoot Skald just for yuks. There’d have to be money in it. At least a couple thousand dollars, or perahps some sort of pie.

Answering the OP question: I wouldn’t shoot **Mika **just for yuks. There’d have to be at least a million dollars in it for me, and even then I’d figure out a way to cheat the guy who put the hit on on her.

Chronos is reliably well-informed and rational, as is Qadgop. Oak and I disagree on several pivotal issues but understand one another. WhyNot would define the Short List if Mika hadn’t already done it. Rachelleogram amuses me. silenus and carnivorousplant will be executed quickly and painlessly when the time comes. Sunspace gives me good information.

I know I forgot some.

PSXer is always good for a laugh. He’s so good he keeps stealing my lines. And he knows a lot about Terminator movies, so he’s a good guy to have around if you need insight on the Terminator movies.

I don’t have to listen to you. You’re not the boss of me!

ETA: But really, how could I begin to thank people? I mean, all the people that helped me in a thread, or identified a book, or argued with me over Watchmen, or got me comic book recommendations, or discussed the philosophy of some character or other…the entertainment value in these threads has whiled away many an hour.

I don’t usually post in threads like this because I know I’ll forget someone, and there really are so many cool folks here.

But I don’t see WhyNot on the list here yet, so I’m giving a big shout out to her. Great advice and plenty of calm, rational thought behind it.

They left?

Rick, Skald, Antinor01, and Asimovian are all great people. Everybody in the MMP.

I’ve found myself laughing at posts from Vinyl Turnip, Kayaker, Der Trihs.
I remember Bryan Ekers posting the fabulous phrase: Random Collection of International WiseGuys … and I still want to order the t-shirt.
I remember receiving a $10 OutBack Steakhouse coupon from a link JohnT posted some months ago.
Eve, come back! I must read more from you.

I’ll give a shoutout to MeanOldLady for her thread about having a mouse in her apartment. Her first couple of posts there had me giggling out loud.

all my fellow Dopers!

Such good company! :slight_smile:

For some reason that I don’t recall I remember thinking that Nzinga was going to be trouble. And I was absolutely right. And she is also rapidly becoming my favorite poster on the board.

Far too many to mention, I tried making a list, pfft., couldn’t do it!

I also really enjoy many of the newbies!

Well I’m going to thank olivesmarch4th for her posts. Not only helpful but illuminating and almost frightfully honest about herself. Her posts are very well thought out and actually persuade me to her point of view. (sometimes)

It’s funny, her admitting her fear just made me want to give her a big old hug…then kill that bad old mouse for her. I love her more than ever.

Another big-up for Stranger on a Train - his depth of knowledge really shines, and I admire him for taking the time to make such detailed and informative posts.

And another for MeanOldLady - because she makes me laugh, a lot.