SDMB Fantasy Football big league (league full)

I like all of the scoring options except for this. I agree with VarlosZ that it would be better to dial it back slightly.

We may get some drop outs.

If anyone here changes their mind about whether or not they’ll be able to play their team throughout the season, feel free to drop out. Just try to mention it in a post here so people know there’s a slot open. Try to do this at least a week before the draft if possible.

You did notice the part where missed kicks of 39 yards or lower were punished with minus scores, right? The result is that the best kicker is weighted a little more towards the more accurate kickers rather than the ones who get the most attempts.

I did. But I still think the misses won’t really balance giving 5 points for a 40-49 and 6 points for a 50+.

Wow, Hanson with 8/8 at 50+ is damn impressive. But he’s 29th in scoring. I guess that’s what happens when your offense can’t cross the 50 yard line :stuck_out_tongue:

Out of curiosity, how would you feel about dialing the punishments up for missed FGs instead?

Like:

Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -4
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -3
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -2
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards -1

Just wondering. I’m not too attached to my custom kicker scoring so we could go with the yahoo default and that’s fine. I just like the idea of giving something of a bonus to accuracy/efficiency over raw numbers.

I was going to blast you for such a ridiculous comment… until I discovered my team has never beaten yours in the regular season. Playoffs, different matter, but I gotta give you that one. By all means, set it up that way, though, please. The Browns don’t figure to be any good this season so I look forward to facing your neutered homer team.

You’ll rue the day, sir.

Drafting Quinn, Anderson, Lewis, and Edwards with my top 4 picks is just solid strategy.

I got good value for my homer picks when no one was expecting them to be good in 2007. I got Lewis in the 5th round who had 1550 yards and 11 TDs and Edwards in the 7th with 1289 yards and 16 TDs.

I overdrafted them the next year, but their average draft positions were much higher so it wasn’t like it was out of the blue.

Now that they’ll be back to sucking I’ll probably take them in later rounds if at all.

Does anyone have any requests as to who their division competitors are? Right now it’s just random, the order we signed up in. If you’ve got a rival you’d like to stick in the same division with yourself, or some other suggestion as to how to organize them, feel free to suggest.

Hmm, I wonder how the divisions would break down by organizing people by their primary forum. We could have the GD crew in one division and the Pit guys in another… if by coincidence we had the right balance of people.

Or maybe geographic. Break it up into non-US vs west coast, east coast, central US… dunno, just throwing out ideas.

I like the idea of forum divisions, although I have no idea where I’d fall. Game Room or Cafe Society most likely. This is my first SDMB FF league (but not my first FF by a long shot so don’t get any ideas…) so I don’t have any rivals. Unless there any stinkin’ Cowboys fans here…

I’m an east coast, Cafe Society guy if we’re doing it that way.

We could do a popular team fan vs unpopular team fan setup.

Popular teams including Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Patriots, Jets, Dolphins etc…

Unpopular teams including Cardinals, Seahawks, Texans, Jags, Bills

Of course, we’d have to find out what every owner’s favorite team is.

#1 Cardinals fan here.

It would be interesting to have divisions based loosely on NFL team affiliation. I’m a Bears fan and I would love to be in a division with Vikings/Lions/Packers/other Bears fans.

Edit: It really depends on everyone’s favorite teams though.

[moderator note]

Apparently the league is full and registration closed, so I changed the thread title. If this is not correct, let me – or another Game Room mod – know.

twickster, Game Room moderator

I’ll be happy to claim the Seahawks; already got one in my team name anyway. Back to the top of the West this year!

I’m a Giants fan, but I live close to the Bengals since I doubt there’s a shortage of Jints fans in the league.

If we’re doing it that way, I’ll call dibs on the Panthers.

Not sure how all these posts snuck in without me noticing. If I can help with scheduling in any way, be sure to drop me a PM so I don’t miss it.

Ravens!

A fellow NFC South fan!

I got the Saints.

If you have anyone you know that you’d like to be matched up against in a division - someone who’s your friend, previous FF experience, whatever, feel free to mention it.

I don’t think we’re going to end up getting a very clear cut, consistent way of creating the divisions - but at least I can stick people together that’d prefer it.

We could break it down by region. Everyone lists their home city, then we find some way to divide the league into quadrants.