SDMB NFL Pick 'em and Survival leagues

Who is that woman again? I hate her and her singing.

Damn all of you who put 16 confidence on Indy. :mad:

I put 6. I thought NO would score more. :smack:

:wink:

Woohoo!

Tied for 1st place in pick 'em !!

(of course, totally forgot to get my survival pick in on time, so I’m out before it started… :smack: )

Heck, I only got 4 for the Indy win and I swear I thought the Saints could beat the spread.

Sorry. I won’t do it again.
Oh hell, I’m lying to you. Indy is going to get 16 confidence 17 times this season! :cool:

Wow.

Even on their off week?

You ARE good. :wink:

Still working out the logistics, but Hell YEAH!

I missed the fact that you can only pick each team once per season in the survival game. Oops.

Note to self:

When changing picks, hit SUBMIT before exiting.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. :smack:

Man I suck. Maybe I should pay closer attention.

Why did I drop Coles for Stalworth? Why? Oh Why? :smack:

Just for fun, I snipped some snappy answers to stupid questions from the Yahoo message board…

Q: What does dtd beside the players name mean?

Some of the replies…

I find it close to amazing that while most of us were taking the “safe” picks for week 1 in the survival league, someone took Detroit. Looking back, it’s brilliant, as that gets an ugly pick later int the season out of the way while we’re all trying to decide whether to take Cleveland or Oakland in week 16 or something and he can take a “safe” pick.

Picking a shitty (last year) road team, Detroit, against a home team that is supposedly on its way up form the cellar, Oakland, is brilliant only if you succeed, but stupid if you fail… sometimes like going for it on 4th & 1 in your own territory. Seems kinda risky to start the season with a pick like that and would be more prudent to wait a week or two to get a feel for the league before making calls like that. Maybe I’m a pussy that way.

I just checked and saw that nobody has been eliminated from Survival. However, either Frosted Lightning or myself will be gone by Tuesday.

5 people have been eliminated - labtrash and dob for not picking, Court Jesters with KC, and Fear the Turtle and Cyberhwk with Jacksonville.

At least one more will be eliminated as someone picked Ari and someone picked the 49ers.

I go conservative/easy on week 1 until I get a better feel for the teams this year, then I start going riskier. SEA wasn’t a premium team you want to save for later, though - they’re not going to be that great.

I scored 11 in Pick’em, which is right up there with a number of people, but only 94 Confidence, which is low relative to others. Interesting how that works.

::Does the "In Your Face To Everyone Else In The Confidence League (with the possible exception of Shibb) Dance::

They aren’t the Pats, but they are good when healthy and have a really soft schedule. You’ll regret burning them in week 1 if you last until the second half of the season.

True enough. Week 1 can have a lot of surprises, so I like to go conservative for it.

Top scorers this week:

(Tiebreaker winner bolded)

Straight up:
13 labtrash, meek reeks
12 NurseCarmen, Fear the Turtle, Hal’s Rabid Ferrets, I like to do well, Omni’s Crystal Balls, soulmurk’s Stinkers, Unskilled Hacks (Shibb)

Confidence
114 Hal’s Rabid Ferrets, Shibb’s Unskilled Hacks
113 Varlos – Makin’ It Rain

Spread:
11 Isotopes
10 NurseCarmen
9 soulmurk’s Stinkers, borschevsky, Hal’s Rabid Ferrets, Stuffy’s picks

Eliminated in the survival league:

Labtrash, Dob - no pick
Fear the Turtle, Cyberhwk’s Survivors - JAX vs TEN
Court Jesters - KAN vs HOU
Frosted Lightning - ARI vs SFO

Saturday night reminder, players that are missing picks in one or more leagues:

Court Jesters
Omni’s Crystal Balls
No Use For a Name
Dob
Deep Fried Demons
Shibb’s Unskilled Hacks
Varlos – Makin’ It Rain
garygnu
NurseCarmen
Team of Scientists
I’ve decided to go with Jacksonville the survivor league ball busters because hey - Atlanta is terrible, right? We shall see.

It’ll be embarassing if I go out that way after warning everyone about those chronic bed-shitters.

Edit: Btw Dob you can still start playing now and not be left behind despite missing last week. The league is set to drop each team’s lowest scoring week, so last week wouldn’t count for you.

And for that matter, if anyone is still interested and wants to play, feel free. If you start after this week it’s unlikely you’ll win the league, but you can still win individual weeks.