SDMB NFL Pick 'em and Survival leagues

Statistically, what if someone just blindly picked the favored team right down the line in a pick’em league all season?

I can’t seem to find the pages for the Confidence and Spread Leagues. I’ve signed up for the other 3 OK.

Also - is there a “one stop link” for all your Yahoo Teams? Last year on the My Yahoo page there was a link to all 3 Pick’em Teams. This year there is only a link to another Fantasy Football (draft) team I have.

It’s just the Pick’em page, but you put in a different league number.

When you log onto Yahoo, you should be able to go to Fantasy (Football) Home page, and this will show you all of the leagues that you’re in.

Got it. Thanks.

I don’t know - I wonder if anyone keeps those statistics.
I would guess that the favorite wins 70-75% of the time, so that you’d do decently, but we’ve had people in the leagues who did better than that, so you wouldn’t win. It’s better to have a good idea of which favorites are going to lose.

In the pool I run, I have a guy who tires the “all favorites” strategy. Two years ago he did pretty well for himself – a 3rd place finish which, after his entry fee, gave him a $10 profit. Last season, however, that same strategy backfired badly. He ended up in 28th place out of 32 players. There were just way too many upsets last season.

I’m having troubles signing up for Pick 'Em (straight up). Anyone else?

ETA: Here are the error messages I’m getting:

what he said

Huh. I didn’t change any aspect of the league - it has 22 people so it’s not full, the password is “cecil” all lowercase I think… maybe it’s a yahoo-wide screw up of some sort. Have you tried joining the other leagues? Any problems?

I was able to sign up just fine (a couple of weeks ago), but I just got the…

…error.

And of course, I got it after making all my picks and assigning confidence points, which are now lost to the vagarities of the internet.

Fuckers.

By the by, I’m sure that Yahoo Sports is getting fricking creamed right now by people making their picks, setting fantasy lineups and the like. Hence, the errors.

Hence, I’m still pissed at the fuckers.

I just tried to edit my picks, and I got a few errors. Looks like yahoo is flipping out.

I suggest to everyone to at least get their picks in for Thursday night’s game when they can so you’re not screwed by a later yahoo outage.

It’s working now.

I’m in.

Man oh Manichewitz, I don’t even know who is playing this weekend. Guess I have to at least work up a Thursday night pick by tomorrow.

That’s odd…I could’ve sworn I registered for all four pools early on, but it seems I wasn’t registered for the Spread Pool. Ah well…I’m in now, and ready to show just how gawdawful I am at picking against the spread.

First of many reminders.

There’s a Thursday night game in a few hours - the following people haven’t made picks:

Stuffy’s picks (all 3 leagues)
Omni’s Crystal Balls (all 3 leagues)
Dob

You don’t have to do the whole week now, just tonight’s game.

Just noticed that in the survival league you have to make your pick before the first game that week, not before the game you want to pick. Which means that if you don’t get your pick in by tonight, you’re already eliminated.

This only applies to the survival league - for the pick 'em league you can enter your predictions up to 5 minutes before the game you’re predicting starts.

People who need to pick in survival:
Dob
No Use For a Name
asterion
Omni’s Crystal Balls
Stuffy’s picks
labtrash

K-minus 94 minutes an counting.

Anyone else feel like they’re going to pop? :smiley:

Did they have football on NBC last year? I kinda thought we were done with Madden and Kathy Lee’s husband.

Thanks for the reminder guys. I got mine in with 54 minutes to spare.