SDSAB

CKDH, you doing them under the name Dex? Or is that yet someone else?

Can’t wait to see Una’s new stuff. Always some very impressive research in those.

Yes, “Dex” is me. I’m known to my friends as “Dex”, and Ed finds it easier to type rather than my whole full name.

My thanks to ALL the SDSAB for their hard work and information I couldn’t get anywhere else! Question: how do I use this information as a reference?

Question: How does one go about joining the SDSAB? In a few years I’ll have quite a bit of expertise on physics in particular (once I’m well under way on my PhD), as well as assorted other disciplines.

Send an email to Dex at CKDextHavn@aol.com. Put “SDSAB/Staff Reports” in the subject line so he’ll know what it’s about, we get a lot of email. Tell him you’d like to try your hand at writing and what would it take? He’ll get you started.

your humble TubaDiva

You don’t actually join the SDSAB so much as it joins you.

It’s like being one of the “family.” nudge, nudge. Wink, wink.

More like being Assimilated by the Borg.

Hey, I was Admiral Borg when I was first on the boards. I know a thing or two about assimilation.

If I recall correctly SDSAB is somewhat of a misnomer, unless you mean the archaic use of ‘science’ to mean any sort of special wisdom and learning. Haven’t we got some SDSAB members who are not physical scientists or engineers, but historians, litterati, and so forth?

I think the “archaic” useage is apt. Cecil is archaic, and we follow suit.

instead of devoting a sticky to the subject, the title might be changed to Science Advisory/Advisor/whatever. after all you don’t see SDA, SDM, SDMBCM, SDMBM etc.

But we like having people talk about us!

Like those in academia, where the disputes are so intense because the stakes are so low.