Sean Penn thinks he's a journalist

It has long been my theory that Dennis Rodman is actually a highly-trained CIA assassin under deep cover in North Korea.

And in North Korean news yet another of our Dear Leader’s assistants has been found strangled with a basketball hoop. North Korean authorities suspect some form of advanced North American teleportation was used.

Let’s hope so even though it is way more than he deserves.

Gawd I hate to defend old Penn because he DOES seem to be a douche weasel of epic proportion (and this latest stunt does him no favors IMO).

But I remember back when Katrina happened. There was much panic and confusion and general stupidity.

If I recall correctly, Penn bought a bass boat, a bunch of supplies, when down there and started helping folks.

Now maybe it was all for the camera. Maybe he just got in everyone’s way. Who knows.

But I have to grudingly give him props for that.

Damn, now I feel dirty.

Yes. It was all for the camera. A donation of the cost of the bass boat would have done much more actual good than the photo op for a scumbag celebrity.

Scumbag? Seriously? You may think he’s a self-aggrandizing douche but how do justify “scumbag”? Who has he hurt?*

*thinking back, I guess he punched a paparazzi or two back in the day.

Madonna, for one;

She’s retracted that claim in a recent affidavit.

What to Madonna is a “degrading sex act”?

The missionary position.

Plus, Sean Penn has clearly reformed himself since then. He’s a journalist, for one thing. And what journalist engages in excessive alcohol use?

One that doesn’t pay?

And as we all know, no woman would ever retract a claim of abuse by a partner for any reason other than a deep idealogical commitment to the truth.

Plus plus why believe Madonna in the first place since she’s a big stupid phony like all celebrities are. Gosh they are so dumb.

So you assume she’s lying now because she’s so scared of Sean Penn? Still loves him? What?

Well…

I concede defeat. :slight_smile:

No, he’s a terrific actor. And he’s a douchebag. Separate the two.

No it WAS a compelling news story.

There is no need for name calling, and I never claimed to “know it all”.

I never said Sean Penn was Hunter S. Thompson, I even said his piece was amateurish. Your big gripe seems to be his first person explanation of events. I just pointed out he is not the first person to write an article that way.

I doubt any reader really considers Sean Penn a serious journalist. I equate this to having Frank Sinatra being the ringside photographer to a Muhammed Ali fight.

WOW.

It was, and now after reading your response, my adulthood is now shit.

Um . . . .I don’t seem to be the one with anger issues on this thread, Pal.

My therapist just killed himself. Im open for references.

Mmmmm… I’d love to be the bacon in that KFC Double Down.