Searching for a forum for dying people

I have just spent an hour searching the web for such a forum and can only find a couple for families of dying people. Why is that? Don’t people who are dying want to talk with others going through the same thing to share experiences with them?

Not to make light of a terrible situation, but there’s inevitably high turnover, and it may be tough to maintain many such forums. That said, I’m sure there has to be one out there–do you need an answer fast?

Well, I think I’ll be around long enough to talk to some people if someone knows where to find them. Thank you.

Have you looked for forums of people with similar conditions?

If it’s a cancer of some sort, you might try ACOR.org, many patients post there, although it’s typically about drugs, tests, etc. And family members post there as well.

Awesome username/post/OP combo.

Have you been connected with a hospice organization? They might be able to direct you to an appropriate support group in your community.

Beyond that, I would agree that your best bet may be to seek out a website related to the particular illness. For example, I know that there is a mailing list for people with metastatic breast cancer at http://www.bcmets.org that is a good source of support/info if that’s what you’re dealing with.

If you think it would be helpful to talk with the Dopers, I know that many of us would be happy to offer any support we can. All the best to you.

Try dailystrength.org They have support groups for many, many illnesses.

I thank you for the offer but I think it would only be helpful if you and others were in my situation. I, myself, didn’t know how it would feel until I had a heart attack 6 weeks ago and was told that another is inevitable.

Thank you, I think this may be what I need :slight_smile:

There may be some Facebook groups, but there might not be too many websites. My guess is that a lot of people in that situation either want to communicate with other people who have their specific illness or they may choose to communicate with family and friends through Facebook or CaringBridge or sites like that. It might not be a subject for a general-interest forum. I’m sorry about your trouble and I hope you get some good health news in the future.

I thought the exact same thing. :smiley:

Silvermist, Thoughts of health and strength go with you.

Seems like the American Heart Assoc. would know about heart-attack-related support groups – any luck there?

ETA: good luck and best wishes, silvermist.