Seattle Pub Trivia '08: With a Vengeance

I’m putting myself at 65%. It depends on if hitting people with a sabre peps me up at all. Sigh. I miss coffee.

I’m in. I read Wikipedia, but I doubt it’ll help much.

If anyone is still checking this – I won’t be there after all. Mr. Gazer has come down with a tummy bug and therefore can’t parent solo. And my grandmother passed away this evening, so I’m not really in a social mood.

I hope you win, though!

Your extensive Mötley Crüe and STD expertise could’ve lifted us out of second place!

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself.

stargazer – condolences from your absent friend (but current subscriber to the thread).

Bump. Plan?

I’m planning to be there tonight, usual caveat, blah blah. :slight_smile:

I’m hosting a private gig (for real money!) on Thursday and have to work on that quiz, so I won’t be there tonight. Good luck!

Aw, you’ll miss the last quiz of my twenties! Le sigh. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I wouldn’t want to miss that . I’ll be there.

I’m planning on being there.

So, just a short time until the youth no longer trusts you, hm? Welcome to the club.

Oh snap guys. My birthday’s on Saturday.

Next week, I’ll be there.

That’s good to hear, Aioua. We need someone young who’s listening to that crap the kids play too loud. They keep asking age-discriminating questions about it.

For those who weren’t with us, the three members of Femur took second place. Since we were Skull a couple of weeks ago, we may be forming a theme.

Mr. gazer apparently had been injured practicing his parenting technique, so we were without stargazer. But the family dropped by to tell us that, so we all got to admire muscular baby gazer, who had laid the smackdown upon his dad. We were careful not to incur the young brawler’s wrath.

Heh, I probably don’t know as much about crappy pop music as you’d like.
I hope I’m not too much of a liability. :smiley:

Of course not.

Well, unless you get drunk and start a fight. Then you’re on your own.

I don’t know. If we strategically point his two-fisted rage at the right people, that could be an asset.

Of course, we’d still officially disavow any involvement.

Who’s in? It looks like we’ll be auditioning a new member, so it should be interesting.

Aouia, we usually try to get a table near the stage on the east side of the room. I don’t have a Straight Dope book handy to display, but I should be the only person with a small flashlight and a red pen on the table in front of me.

Cool. When do you guys usually get started/get out? Buses, and all that.

Trivia starts a little before 8pm – when we arrive varies greatly! I’ll be there just before it starts, I think, because Aunty can’t be here to babysit until 7:30.