Second shot and the side effects

Second moderna shot today. My arm is sore, my joints ache and I’ve been feverish since about 3 hours post shot.

I also came home and made a big pot of split pea soup and baked a loaf of bread so I wouldn’t have to worry about food if I didn’t want to deal with it tomorrow. After looking at the amount of food I had cooked, I walked some over to some shut in neighbors.

Here’s hoping this is as bad as its going to get!

Mr. brown got his second Moderna shot the day before yesterday. He got it at about 1 p.m., and by dinnertime that night he was feeling a bit icky. Yesterday he felt pretty crap-ass and spent the day in bed, only getting up for a bit of dinner, and then returning to bed. He says he felt feverish last night. But this morning he’s fine and ate a huge breakfast, and is back at work.

I could’ve sworn I already posted this. If I did, mea culpa.

Mrs. Cretin and I had similar reactions to both shots. Pfizer. I’m 70, she’s 74.

1st dose, Saturday morning: minor soreness at injection site; moderate fatigue and dizziness especially on day two. Good as new by Monday.

2nd dose, three weeks later Saturday morning: arm soreness same as first time for both of us; for Mrs. C the fatigue/dizziness were same as first time; for me the fatigue was more intense than first time and lingered for several days.

I got my second Pfizer on Sunday. Monday afternoon I had a slight ache and was sleepy, and took a nap. But I do that often anyhow, so I don’t know it the vaccine caused it.
My wife had hers Monday, and she was slightly achier than me Tuesday, but not bad.
I went for a cardiac echo test this morning, and one of the screening questions was whether I had been vaccinated in the past 72 hours. (It was over 80 hours for me, so I answered no and didn’t ask why they asked.) Anyone else get this? I hadn’t heard this question before, but this was a different facility of my group.

I had my second Moderna shot yesterday afternoon. By last night my arm was really sore and tender. I didn’t sleep well because of it. Today I napped on the sofa, mostly. Topped out at 100.4F. I took some Tylenol and the fever went back down. I thought I was over it - I even started doing a few chores around the house. But it’s just starting to come back a bit, this time with some shivers. Guess I’ll take another round of Tylenol before bed, and hope to wake up feeling normal.

My dad got his 2nd Moderna shot yesterday. No reported side effects.

Looks like I was over-optimistic about my side effects. Yesterday I was achy, head-achy, feverish and tired. I slept all day. I also have a big red blotch on my arm. Its not sore or itchy so I’m going to just forget about it.

I waited to get my shots. I got my first shot 4 weeks ago, and I finally got my second shot a week ago. I got a very minor but rather interesting side effect.

My first shot was in my right arm. I got some soreness as expected, just enough to keep me from sleeping on that side for that night. Everything was okay 24 hours later.

Because my right arm had gotten sore, I got shot 2 in my left arm. The first reaction was that my right arm got sore, although not as bad as the earlier injection. But that faded in a couple of hours. At that point, I began developing the usual soreness in the left arm. That, too, wasn’t as bad as the first shot. I was able to sleep on that side that night, and was okay the following day.

That is SO funny. When I got my first shot, I didn’t even notice it until hours later when I took the band-aid before getting in the shower, and then I was all like OWIE!!!

After my second shot, my arm also didn’t hurt until I took the band-aid off after my shower. Then I was all OWIE!!!

Me too! My right arm ached more after the first day or so than my left that had been injected.

I did a brief search for reports of reactivation, but I didn’t find anything. I suppose most people are getting both injections in the same arm, and your experience was so limited that it wouldn’t make it to most reports.

I wonder if any of the original vaccine qualification was done with shots to opposite arms?

First dose was AZ, at the end of April. Eight hours after the shot, side effects hit me like a train (chills and body aches), and lasted about 24 hours.

Got my second yesterday late afternoon, Moderna this time. The worst of it so far has been the sweats and a steady headache. I don’t get migraines, but I do get bad sinus pressure headaches sometimes, and this isn’t nearly as bad as the worst of those. Also, the injection site was (is? kinda?) super swollen and achey. Almost 24 hours on, I was feeling pretty good about the situation until I read this thread and saw all the posts about day 3 reactions. Ah well. That said, I don’t think I know two people who’ve had the same reactions; our reactions are unique like our fingerprints, apparently (shrug).

I had an aching spine for a day after my 2nd Pfizer shot. Weird that a shot in the shoulder would cause lumbar pain, but it is what it is.

I felt crappy for a couple of days after my second shot. My husband, the idiot anti-vax denier was seriously ill for three weeks and is still suffering with fatigue a month later.

IMHO, I’d much rather feel crappy for a few days than be fucking sick for weeks. If a booster is recommended, I’ll line up as soon as my age group is eligible.

That’s so weird! I’ve got that as well, but my back is already a mess so I figured it was just vaccine-related muscle aches on top of all the junk that’s usually below the surface.

Well, the school district I work for had a medical team out here on Tuesday in order to administer the 2nd booster shot to any staff member who wanted it so, since it was free and totally convenient, I went ahead and got mine. I have had zero, and I mean ZERO, side effects. I had some soreness around the injection area for a day or two, and that’s it. It was Pfizer, by the way.

I had my second booster in January of this year. That’s the fourth shot total. I had the typical reactions to the first three - sore arm, feeling icky and achey the next day, etc.

The evening of this fourth shot, I was lying in bed reading and feeling sleepy, when I suddenly started feeling extremely weird. The best description I can give is that it felt like I was going to pass out. I jumped out of bed, thinking I’d have to go to the ER. I didn’t know what was wrong - I thought it was a stroke or something. But in a couple of minutes the feeling passed and I felt fine.

Over the course of the next week I kept getting that “passing out” sensation, interspersed with palpitations and feeling breathless. I went to my PCP and from him to a cardiologist, but they couldn’t discover anything wrong. By the time I was seeing the cardiologist, it was about six weeks after that day of the shot, and by that time all these sensations were fading away.

I’m fine now, but that was a very alarming situation. I still don’t know if it was a side effect of that second booster. But it makes me feel a bit uneasy as we approach the flu season later this year, when my PCP says it’s probable that the next round of boosters will be distributed.

My wife had a worse reaction from her second booster (Moderna, her first Moderna) than any of the others. Not horrible, just feeling bad for a few days.
I had no reaction at all except being slightly sore at the place the shot was given. Also Moderna, my second.

I was hopeful that by the time of my second booster (4 shots in total), I’d finally get a break from the miserable, almost debilitating side effects I suffer for about 3 days. Sore arm, nausea, bad headache, body aches, joint aches, fever, teeth-chattering chills, stiff neck and back. Really no fun.

Nope. Miserable every damn time.

My original shots were Pfizer, then received a Moderna booster, most recent booster was back to Pfizer.

We’re all different, obviously.

I’ll be back in line for my 5th shot whenever they tell us we need it. I figure if my reaction to the shots is this bad, I’d have been a goner with unvaccinated COVID. No real basis to believe this, but it’s my hunch and I’m sticking to it.

Had my three Modernas at the appropriate intervals, though none recently. For all practical purposes they may well have used saline placebo for all the reaction I got.

As you say, we’re all (a bit) different.