secret of life

What is in your opinion the secret of life? I think that it is the small everyday things that just make you feel good. The first kiss with a SO, good cup of coffee, clean sheets on your bed, the things that just brighten your day. What do you think?

Well the secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.

That, and a good cup of tea.

whatever makes you, personally, happiest. :slight_smile: I think its different for everybody.

You mean the secret to happiness? Chocolate chip cookies and a tall glass of milk. I always think, “How can anyone ever consider suicide, when that would prevent them from ever having chocolate chip cookies and milk again?” Life is chocolate chip cookies and milk.

Well, I think you can be pretty happy if you learn how to fly. The trick is to throw yourself at the ground, and miss.

Carbon. And electrons.

If I told you, I’d have to kill you.

Which, if you think about it, is pretty ironic.

The “secret” of life, as opposed to the “meaning” of life? Well, if it’s a secret, it has to be something very few people know, so it can’t be 42, or the “small things in life”, or happiness, or to please God (since His diverse groups followers certainly don’t make it much of a secret), or getting laid every Friday night.

The secret of life has to be obscure, like eating caviar with mustard and pineapple juice while high on crystal meth and having sex with a two-headed elephant-lion. It has to be in a hard to reach place, like the Andromeda galaxy’s fairy godmother’s imagination’s shadow. It has to be impossible to describe in words, so !%285$%#^ and $#%#!@. When you finally grasp the secret, it has to be so profound that you spontaneously sublimate into pure energy and seep into microdimensional pores that transcend the arrow of time to eventually become your own ancestor.

Yes, that means the secret of life is .

It is being comfortable of who you are and of being in your own skin.
Realizing that life is absurb, so sit back, relax, realize that everything is beyond your power and enjoy the clown show.

Okay so maybe you can substitute secret for meaning. And windwalker, really how did you come up with that. WOW.

sex. lots and lots of sex.

sorry, i have a one track mind lately…

death?

:smiley: :smiley:

This is very familiar to me. What’s it from? I can’t quite remember.
The secret of life, as you have hinted at in the OP, is having all the elements in place - a SO, some kids, a nice house, and a good job.

Lobsang,

it is from douglas adams book - i think from “the hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy”

oh, and don’t forget your towel.

To some, it’s owning a convertable and a lake. (obscure Peanuts reference )
To me, it’s living for God.

I think that I may actually know this one. This was passed on to me by my grandmother on her deathbed. What she told me was that when it comes time to die, what you regret is not those things that you tried to do and failed, but those things that you never tried to do at all. So, I guess that the secret to life is to not be afraid to try and fail at anything.

after extensive research, the secret of life is 42.

Wear Sunscreen. :smiley:

http://www.bl.com/ben/things/97-graduation.html

Whole wheat toast with battery acid on it is the secret of life. You probably think I’m crazy. That’s because you haven’t yet embraced the secret, you poor, pathetic, pitiful fools. :slight_smile: