See Museum Quality Airplanes in Dayton (Ohio) on February 15th!

Soupo just turned six actually Shibb. I’m sure the kids will get along just swell though.

So see? This is fun for the entire family! If you’re not careful you might even learn something. Not that that ever happens to me of course.

No way is Skippy scary Jess. Just if he says “Lemme show you sumpin’.” you say “No.”

Noted: Just say “No” to Uncle Skippy.

Think there’ll be any cute men in uniform there?

::crosses fingers::

I can wear a uniform if you bring one. Hopefully not a girl scout uniform, they do nothing for my figure.
Was that a subtle bump?

Only two weeks or so to go…

Lookie there, I got beat to the bump. Oh well, I just wanted to be sure everyone got a good chance to see this that might be interested.

My itinerary, or agenda if that’s what it is…

Show up about 10:00 (hopefully a little before)

Meet up with anyone I’m supposed to be meeting up with at the elevators. (Shibb? think& Laserkitty? Jess? Poli?)

Browse the planes.

About 12:00 lunch in the Valkyrie Cafe. (I know, it’s not enough time to really browse the planes, but this is a trip for my six year old- it should be enough before lunch.)

After lunch hit the Prez Planes. (Bring photo ID.)

think mentioned a “Pub” for afters.

Next scheduled bump, next Friday. (Unless this stays “live” of course.)
-Rue.

Dang, I’d make a special trip, paying full airfare if necessary, to see Shibb in a girl scout uniform. But since he’s nixed that idea and I’m already committed to Opal’s BirthDope Party I guess I just saved me the price of a ticket. But if you ever change your mind, Shibb, do let me know early enough that I can get discount air fare, OK? :smiley:

BaDumpBump.

I will be there I think. Have to cancel my Sat game, but should be worth it.

Last bump before PlaneDope.

Narile? You’ll be there? Anyone else? [sub](Shibb says he’s busy…)[/sub]

It looks like Soupo should be well, so things should be happening this weekend.
-Rue.

Sorry, about this, gang, but I’ve had a last minute trip to Germany pop up. I’m flying out on Thursday night, coming back next Tuesday. So this doesn’t quite fit now. It’s kind of important or I’d have postponed the trip.

If the weather is good, I’m there.

Probably won’t make it until lunch time, or even a bit after though. I’ll be wearing jeans, a black varsity jacket, and black fanny pack.

If I don’t see you Gassendi, look for me. I’ll be wearing pants. I’m afraid I can’t be more specific at this time.

All of a sudden, I have this mental image of Rue with a pair of khakis on his head. :eek:

So, is someone gonna take pictures so we can relive this gathering vicariously? Not necessarily of Rue’s pants, but of Dopers and planes… never mind, I’ll just sit here quietly.

Dang. I’m very sad that Shibb can’t make it. :frowning:

thinksnow, Laserkitty and myself are still in, as far as I know. The rest of the Columbus people aren’t coming because they’re not as cool as us.

So the meeting is on for this coming Saturday? I should be able to make it.

10am at the statue of Icarus in the lobby?

Have any of you folks ever read any of my posts? Are you sure you want to meet me? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be the guy that looks like me, along with two fabulously smokin’ wimmin. Wait, laserkitty stopped smoking, so only one smokin’ woman, then and one fabu woman.

Yeah.

10am by the statue.
Red Ohio State Ski Club jacket, jeans, brownish beard.
All right reserved for your milage may require some assembly void in some states.

So, this is tomorrow, right?

I believe that’s the plan. I intend on being there.

I’ve been flying the B-26 a lot in combat flight simulator 3 and I’d like to take another look at a real one.

The new hanger expansion hasn’t been finished yet but they are in the process of getting ready for it and have moved a lot of stuff around.

Hooo boy! Just heard on the radio, we’re under a Winter Storm Warning! Yay! Here in Cincinnati we’re supposed to be socked with “up to 1/4 inch of ice” with “several inches” of snow on top. The whole storm thing is supposed to start… about now, turn to freezing rain this evening and then snow sometime tomorrow. It’s supposed to be more winter-y the farther north you go.

Luckily Dayton is… north of here. So I guess it’s not lucky after all.

Now, we have Global Warming in our favor, and maybe things won’t get bad at all, but most likely we’ll have to stock up on toilet paper and milk. (Since we’re all at the store buying duct tape and plastic sheeting anyway, we’ll just toss a few more items in the cart.)

I can only blame myself. I was looking forward to this too hard. Got my hopes up and mean Ol’ Man Winter just had to grinch at me. NO! I don’t have to take the wrap for this at all! It’s all Shibb’s fault. He said he’s going to Germany. Everyone knows that’s where they keep all the Mad Scientists bent on World Conquest via weather control. I’ll bet he had something to do with all this.

Unless it’s all a false alarm and the weather’s going to be just swell. Yeah, that’s it. Just swell weather for tomorrow. The weather guys are all on crack.
-Rue. (Snow Wuss)

Well, it shouldn’t be surprising considering we have a guy in our group named “Think Snow.”

So far though, nothing but a little rain.

I’d kinda like to know if anyone if going to make it. I don’t want to drive up there if everyone else is going to wuss out.

Keep me posted.

Thanks.

It’s not looking good for me folks. The weather is probably not going to cooperate. Another time.

Should we reschedule then?