See this movie!

Mr. Rilch dragged me to see Fight Club this afternoon. I didn’t want to go; I wanted to see Three Kings. I had been misinformed about Fight Club; I thought it was going to be another one of those Good Will Hunting stroke jobs; boys challenging a man’s game, and eventually triumphing over the played-out oldsters. It wasn’t like that a bit. I won’t say a word about it until enough other people here have seen it, partly because I hate spoilers, and partly because I’m not even going to try to explain this film. All I will say is that I started out not wanting to be there, but the opening of this film grabs you whether you want to be grabbed or not. I honestly thought I knew where it was going, but I was so wrong. I hope that’s not even saying too much. See it. See it twice; I’m gonna have to. Jeez, and I thought I wasn’t going to see anything this year that was better than American Beauty! Also, Brad Pitt’s character was so much like Mr. Rilch’s best friend that when he first appeared on screen we both said his name immediately.

Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.
—Red Green

how would you compare this to american beauty?

better , worse, by how much?

Chief’s Domain - http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~ravi

Well, Chief, I saw it today and it was pretty good, better than I expected it was gonna be. It is decidedly twisted, and probably not for the especially squemish. I would not, however, rate it as good as American Beauty, that movie absolutely rocked,
Larry

I saw this movie about an hour ago. I sat watching the closing credits because I couldn’t move. Wow. This was a good movie.

I agree with the OP: spoilers suck. So all I’ll say is:

1. The acting was grat. I’ve got tons of respect for Brad Pitt now.

2. There are a lot of in jokes in this movie. One of the jokes conceres film itself. I’m saying this because there are some subtle visual effects that might have you thinking the film stock is damaged. it isn’t. Trust me. All is explained in time.

3. After seeing hundreds of movies that failed to live up to there potential, I have to say that it’s always refreshing to see a movie that exceeds my expectations.

4. there are some graphic scenes. This movie is about street fighting, after all.

Man, this was a good movie!

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

That movie is incredible. I agree.

I am still trying to recover from the intense two and a half hours of that movie. I haven’t seen American Beauty but, it is the best movie I’ve seen in many years!

But for anyone interested it is also the MOST GORY movie I have ever seen. One of the scenes actually gave me a nightmare.

Just so everyone knows…I have seen Pulp Fiction and Resevoir Dogs and about every good gory movie made in the past 15 years and this just blows them all away mainly cause of the reality of the gore.

oh well!
Frankie -In a state of inner turmoil

Gotta agree. Hadn’t originally planned on seeing this one when I first saw the previews, but I was asked along by some friends. Very glad I went.

I do have at least one question, though, and although I also detest spoilers, I’ll put some space here so that I can ask the question.
Hope that worked. Okay, here goes. Was the location of the final scene one of the 8 targets, or was it a separate building. Pitt says that he has a great place to watch the event, and after the last fight, I know that Norton was knocked out, but I’m not sure if they were in one of the buildings they had rigged. Any takers?

“I’m still here, asshole!”-Angus Bethune

Dammit! Didn’t work!

Well, I hope I phrased that vaguely enough that people who haven’t seen don’t feel like I gave the end away.

If not, vast, grovelling, boot-licking, humble apologies.

“I’m still here, asshole!”-Angus Bethune

It seemed vague enough, mon. I’ve made that mistake before too, discussing the Sixth Sense.

To answer your question: I don’t think so.

I also want to comment that I didn’t proofread my post before hitting “submit”, and that’s why it has so many freakin’ typos.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Flypsyde-
If you remember the background at the end, it can’t be.

so the answer is No.

Email me so I can elaborate further

Frankie-Feelin pretty smart