Senseless forwarding of Chain Mail!!!!

What is with these people that keep forwarding a message thats been forwarded 20 times already about something so ridiculous as… get this one… “Hotmail is shutting down, pass this along so they know you are using your account so they don’t kick you out because they are running out of room”. or even better, i like the one about getting a check from Aol if you pass on their “Aol chain letter”. I saw one for Microsoft as well, and then theirs the annoying list of emails i have to pass through on my way down to the actual 5 line message. So, i decided to collect all the addresses i get through chain mail from now on, and every list i get i will combine into one great list, and send everyone at once a big warm chunk of senseless junk email that reads “send this to yourself a million times Ass-Hole! and bugger off my email address with your damned chain emails”

whew! much better. :slight_smile: i can breathe now. thanx.
comments, questions?

Yup. Check yer mail :smiley:

Gosh, if you’d done that in the Pit they’d have let you cuss. And agreed with you in graphic terms, as well.

I’m just waiting for an artificially inteligent mail program that can fling those things back at the sender and tell them to go to h-e-doulble-hockeysticks without me even knowing about it.

Relax soulsling . You sound like you need a coffee break .
Hey , while we’re talking about coffee breaks , I came across a great recipe for cookies yesterday . It’s a fascinating story I’ll have to tell you it sometime . :wink:

Anyway here’s the recipe :

2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups brown sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal and blend in blender to a fine powder)
24 oz. chocolate chips
1 tsp. salt
1 8 oz. Hershey bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
2 tsp. vanilla
Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet…Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies… Have Fun!!!

yojimbo, sounds delicious, but i don’t think i need 112. can you cut it down to say, 50?

my problem with the chain email is that as a network admin at work, i get lots of complaints from idiots who keep saving all their forwarded emails that they have to keep opeining mail to get to more empty mail before they get to the stupid message, and then they don’t enough room on their folder anymore (because i won’t alow more then 10Megs) and they just arent sure if they want to throw out the old mail…

i have to explain that it does cause senseless traffic over the net, and is a great way to get other peoples addresses so you can email bomb them all at once. i’m tempted :smiley:

I get a little depressed with people who pass on e-mails about pseudo-virus warnings. I expect you know the format:
Bill Gates / AOL / Microsoft / Yahoo issued a virus warning today saying don’t open any e-mail message entitled ‘virus warning / important message / free offer / read this’ because your Hard Drive / Computer / e-mail folder / all your files will be destroyed…

Once our computing department took this seriously and solemnly warned us all not to open any e-mail unless we knew who it was from.

(If you don’t know what’s in an ATTACHMENT, don’t open it. E-mail the sender in case of doubt. Using this simple rule has kept me virus-free.)

My daughter-in-law sent me a Unix virus warning.

Apparently the virus works on the honor system. You forward it to everyone you know, and then randomly start deleting your own files.