September 2010 Weight Loss Thread

I’ve had a month of business travel, long hours and little cooking which has thankfully only caused a plateau. Back to some focused weightloss again starting now.

I’ve been stuck at around 144 for the past couple months and my goal is 135. I was really hoping I’d be there by my birthday in October but I don’t think that will happen now. I thought I’d lose more weight while training for my first half marathon but that hasn’t been the case. I know it’s not because I’m eating more to compensate for the calories burned unless I am way, way off in my tracking. So I made the decision to start eating a little more every day, around 1600 calories and more on long run days versus under 1500. I am half convinced I’ll balloon back up even though that’s unrealistic. And if I do gain back weight, I can always cut back.

At least I’ll have more energy for running. I’ve noticed whenever I try running in the morning, I’m always really, really sluggish and tired. I feel way better in the evenings probably because I have a day’s worth of food in me. So hopefully eating more will make me feel better in the morning because my half is in the morning.

Thank goodness for anonymous message boards. I have a question. May be TMI for some.

I have been working on losing weight since June, just diet and exercise, and I’ve slowly but steadily lost about 25 so far (I have a long way to go). About a month or six weeks ago I started getting this soft white gunk in my urine, every once in a while. I have no other weirdness, no pain or burning or anything. And again, it’s only once in a while. I did some Googling and someone suggested it had to do with weight loss, especially if you have a lot of weight to lose, and it’s no big deal. I haven’t decided whether to go to the doctor about this. I just want to know if anyone here has ever seen this themselves?

212.5, surprising good progress since last week. Be nice if I could shift maybe 20 more by Christmas.

So I’ve been following the South Beach diet for a week as of tomorrow and I’ve already lost 5 pounds. I know that that rate is too fast to be sustainable and that once I re-introduce whole grains and fruit into my diet the weight loss rate will slow down, but damn if it isn’t encouraging. :slight_smile:

It’s not hard for me to eat this way at all. I haven’t had any cravings and have plenty to eat. The only thing I feel sorry about is that I can’t eat eggs in the morning (food intolerance) and don’t have a whole lot of other breakfast options. I’ve been sticking to either cottage cheese or plain Greek yogurt with Splenda and vanilla extract, but it will be so nice once I can have a piece of toast with peanut butter or some steel-cut oatmeal. Just one more week!

Just had my body fat checked today. I’m at 13.4% now, the last time I checked last year I was at around 35%. To me, this is more satisfying than the weight loss, but I’ll take both of them. :slight_smile:

I’m still hovering between 175 and 178, and although I want to get just a little lower, may 5 more lbs, I’ve been able to maintain this weight for 3 months. Winter will be a bit harder to exercise, but I’m making plans right now for winter running and it looks like a WW group may open in my facility.

Down 25 lbs now - 40 lbs to go. Still losing a steady 1 to 1.5 lbs per week, all much easier than anticipated. I know it will slow down, especially when I get within 10 lbs of goal weight, but I have high hopes of being at my wedding weight on my 20th anniversay in June. That’s only 5 lbs higher than my goal weight.

Portion control pays off, as does simply getting more consistant about exercise. I’m trying to set reasonable goals so I can always make the minimum (45 minutes fast walking per day) and increase whenever possible. Keeping food intake to about 1200-1250 calories a day and not feeling any more than normal hunger at normal times. Don’t tell myself I can’t eat that, only that I can eat a smaller portion of it.

Best habit I have discovered for myself is to write up my planned eating every week so I am in the habit of looking to see what I am eating today rather than thinking about what I want to eat today. Keeps my brain from falling back into the default answer (pizza).

I’ve officially been plateaued for as long as I was losing weight-- 5 months. I’ve lost 30lbs, but I’ve been flopping back and forth 5lbs since May. I have no goal weight in mind, but I’ll probably be down another 20 when I get to where I want to be.

I’ve added an hour of cardio 3-4 times a week. My daily exercise routine is now a minimum 40 minutes of normal walking, and either an hour of fast walking or 15 minutes of weights, situps, and lunges. This is my first full week of this routine, so I haven’t had clear results yet, but I do feel better, and I actually look forward to it all, which is really good.

Am I blind or is there no October thread yet?

never mind, I’m a dumbass