Series you've recently watched, are now watching or have given up on

Well played! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Currently watching Raised By Wolves on HBO. It’s a SciFi about two androids (Mother and Father) sent to another world by an atheist scientist to raise a new batch of humans (from embrios) because earth has become a hell scape of war between atheists and religious zealots. An “Arc” ship of religious followers soon arrives and crashes on the same planet and a handful of survivors begin to come into conflict with the guardians (Mother and Father).

The Mother in her “weaponized” mode is quite formidable.

The plot has the usual devices and I don’t particularly like stories where the central characters are children. Just not that interesting to me. Mostly I’m hoping the Mother kills everybody because she’s tired of their shit.

My new hobby is watching Youtubers chronicling their first time watching Firefly. It’s like watching someone riding an emotional rollercoaster.

“I don’t understand what’s going on.”
“I love Kaylee!”
“Saffron’s adorable.”
“YoSaffBridge is evil, don’t trust her!”
“This is the best show ever!”
“I can’t believe it’s over.”
“Yay! A movie!”
“River is badass!”
“I have never cried this much.”

We’re watching Season 2 of Locke and Key, and I now remember why I didn’t like Season 1: every single person (except Dodge) makes the stupidest possible decision at any given moment. It bugs me every time it happens, but it makes my husband scream at the tv. I’m not sure why we’re inflicting this on ourselves. #hatewatching

Have not seen the British version of Ghosts, but we’re enjoying the new American series. One thing I find odd is no comment on the mixed marriage. Sure, that’s completely normal nowadays, but the Gilded Age lady who does not even believe women should vote? I would have expected some sort of comment at least from her if no one else. It’s like no one even notices.

The English series uses color blind casting as well; a black woman plays the ghost of a Georgian noblewoman. In a few years, I suspect it won’t be any more distracting than ancient Romans speaking English.

And in the UK version, the husband is black, and no, the ghosts don’t comment on that

I mentioned before that I am re-watching GOT. I’m now nearing the end of season 7, and haven’t noted any really egregious WTF moments until now. In this season, the Winter King shoots down a dragon. Then we’re treated to a scene where his undead minions are dragging the thing out of the lake using these monster anchor chains that they apparently just found lying around waiting to be used. They apparently also had a local Ace Hardware where they were able to buy some chain-to-dragon attachment devices. Not a well thought out scene.

I thought about this but maybe they picked up some ship kind of chains when they were in the harbor of Hardhome? I mean, its still a stretch and the real stupidity of that scene was thinking dragging a White Walker to Cersei would do any good at all.

When that episode first aired, the assumption I read that made the most sense was that the Night King had been planning for that eventuality for a long time.

Kitty’s background is (sort of) explained in an episode in the latest UK series, although it’s still not the extreme racial issue one might expect.

So, them all walking for a day and a half to get to that attack, then Genry jogs back in 15 minutes to call for a support dragon made sense to you?

The first WTF bit was the Arya “I’ve just left an organisation of international super assassins where one of them hates me, and I’m going to walk about bold as brass as if nothing has happened next day”. “Oh gut stabbed. Time to run a marathon”?

Looking at what was probably involved in murdering all the Freys was pretty ludicrous too. One of the videos critical of episodes covered that in detail. I remember thinking “they’ve got a point there, I didn’t think of that” about Arya killing off some innocent, hanging about a month to learn the cooking skills and a bunch of other related points.

Oh yeah, there are a lot of time problems in the series, but I usually just ignore them as cinematic license. People always seem to be trotting that 1,000 miles from the north to the south with relative ease.

I’ve watched both seasons of Outer Banks. I really liked season one alot, but did not like season two as much. It felt like something got off track. if they go to season three, I really feel they need to finally resolve this gold fortune storyline.

We’re watching Fear the Walking Dead. I’m enjoying it more than I expected.

Peacock TV is advertising season 1-3 of Yellowstone is available.
Anyone any opinions?

Picture Succession, but with ranching instead of a media empire, so the scenery is prettier. And the daughter gets naked. And there’s a lot more violence. And the threats to the family business are external, instead of internal. But the family is every bit as dysfunctional.

Just wanted to say thanks for this recommendation. My wife and I have started watching this and really love it. It’s light and funny and quirky and we love checking out possible places to visit, as well as some places we’ve already been.

Both The Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon are up on Netflix. I realized that I hadn’t seen the last season of TBBT and so I watched it. And now I realize that I hadn’t missed anything except some clumsy endings to character arcs. But at least I’ve seen it.

Started watching Young Sheldon now. So far it’s amusing. Annie Potts is a delight.

Both it, and Friends, forgot what show they were later on. Once they all got together in both of these shows, half the comedy was gone. Seeing a bunch of geeks fail to get anywhere with the opposite sex was the show. And as for Friends, it was Monica and Chandler getting together and ruining the two best ones…

I’ve stayed away from this, the concept of just Sheldon irks me, you are the first person I’ve known to say something positive about it.