Seriously? John Travolta in a commercial?

Shocked. I tell you. Shocked.

There he is in all his bald glory.
Singing a take off on music from ‘Grease’

For T-Mobile.

With the main pair from Scrubs no less.

It was a Superbowl commercial, though why they thought it a good idea I have no idea.

I didn’t see the Game or the ads. He did look ok.

That was one of the Super Bowl commercials I enjoyed.

Sure, but who were they selling too?

Can anybody post a link for the non Superbowl watchers?

(and it can’t be too bad, I’ve seen Travolta in “Battlefield Earth”. Hahaha-HAHAHAHA!)

I liked it too.

Oh I don’t think it was bad. He actually looked ok. And moved well.
Singing they can fix, easily.

I was just shocked to see him doing it, and with ‘Grease’ music.

Weird.

Ditto. I loved that Travolta and the 2 Scrubs actors could all be comfortable in their own skins at any age and poke fun at themselves by reprising roles for which they’re long in the tooth now.

Same reason I loved the Breaking Bad ad, too.

ETA: Come to think of it, I think I’m just a sucker for ads by people who can laugh at themselves. My favorite ad from the Superbowl in 2020 was Jason Momoa for Rocket Mortgage, tearing off his manly arms and shaking out his wispy hair.

That was one of the better ones too.

Here you go —

I’d help you out, but I’m in restricted bandwidth due to my stubborn choice to live rural. Finding youtube vids is a royal pain. Hopefully some other kind soul without these impediments will give you an assist.

Why look, there’s one now!

Thanks. Well, seems like the US finally is getting to reasonable internet rates, 50 bucks (for what speed?), if the commercial didn’t withhold any inconveniences of the service (unavailability of 5G, hidden fees, slow bandwidth, of course it did).

Hey, somebody has to pay for his personal jet collection of personal jets!

I was thinking about his pay check for that ad.
Couldn’t have been on the cheap.

T-Mobile users expect a hike in rates soon. :blush:

Eh, I liked the shorter version that actually aired better. This one dragged it out and made it more clear that Travolta has some trouble singing today.

Not his first time.

I would have preferred the shorter version. I can’t believe I actually watched the whole thing. I should thwack myself with a fish.

I think the ad is brilliant, though it did remind and sadden me to think of the early demise of Olivia Newton John.

She died less than a year ago. She was only 73.

On her wiki page, a memorial service will be held next Sunday:

“A larger memorial is slated to take place in Melbourne, Australia, after the State of Victoria offered Newton-John’s family a state funeral, which her niece Tottie Goldsmith has accepted. The memorial service will be held on 26 February 2023 at Hamer Hall.”