Sewing terminology question

Mrs. R is helping Littlest R sew a blouse from a pattern, and she spaced out on a bit of terminology.

What are the black triangles/diamonds on the edge of the pattern called? They’re used to help align the pieces after you’ve cut them out.

WAG Alignment marks or ticks.

** MARKS **