Sex during her period? (probable TMI)

C) Despite being horny as all hell, I feel so disgustingly unsexy when on my period.

Wow… really no limits on these boards huh?? a little TMI maybe?

it’s all good though…

Is it possible for a man to find the idea distasteful or unappealing and not be classified as immature?

OKay, try as I might, I cannot figure out what TMI means. Can someone please translate.
As for the topic at hand, I agree with Daerlyn. I just don’t feel sexy at that time.

Too Much Information.

TMI=too much information

AHHHHHHH, it all becomes clear!

TMI= Too much information

I don’t mind doing it while on the per, but it has to be the right guy.

Infrequently during the heavy days, but as they say, “a little catsup on the hot dog never hurt anyone.”

Or as my husband would say: “Tis a poor soldier who’s never seen a bloody battle”

My ex didn’t like the idea of the mess, and I didn’t want to push the issue. The most annoying part of it was that I got my periods over the weekends thanks to the pill, and that’s when we were together the most. Arrrrrgh!

Given a guy who doesn’t mind, I’d give it a go. But since I think periods are fairly icky myself, and I’ve been having them for nearly fourteen years, I don’t mind taking a break then either.

Mangetout, yes, it is possible and fine if a guy doesn’t like sex while his girl is on the rag. It’s the guys who won’t consider it whatsoever, who make their SO’s feel dirty because of their natural biology who are immature. I feel like I’m really lucky that my guy is all for sex on the period, and on those days that I’m too crampy to do much of anything, my guy will go and get my tampons. He even knows the diff between flow and applicator types. And then, I think back to other men I’ve been with who acted like a woman menstrating was an affront to their manhood if they even acknowledged it. These were the ones that I was thinking about when I said they were immature.
I find that sometimes I make blanket statements here on this board that need clarification. I’ll make a point not to make these kinds of generalizations, or to make them more specific, since usually someone calls me on it.

Doesn’t bother me in the least - anything to ooze femininity in my book is COOL :wink:

However what I REALLY love is having a one night stand with a girl that turns out to be crazy AND on the rag…then I make sure to wipe my bloody dick all over her window sill and curtains on the way out, hahaha. :smiley:

If Mrs. Dave-Guy is not feeling well (which sometimes is the case the first day or two), we’ll forego it. But as far as the mess, no biggie. That’s what a dark blue towel is for, isn’t it?

And she’s often hornier or more sexually aggressive right before, and will begin menstruating the morning after we’ve had sex.

But I’m not grossed out or anything.

B. I’m not so selfish about sex that I will refuse my wife, but it’s not my favorite thing.

Yes, of course. Though I suspect your words were meant to point out a flawed comment earlier, there may be some science to also support a man’s reluctance to engage in sex with a woman having her period.

Cite: Doty et. al did some research in the early 1970’s where men were asked to rate the pleasantness of odor and intensity of tampons used across a full menstrual cycle. Their findings were that men rated secretions from pre-ovulatory portions of the cycle were more pleasant than post-ovulatory. I find it not beyond the realm of possibility that certain odors during a woman’s cycle turn some of us off. A smell-driven switch if you like, telling us now is not a good time to copulate and reproduce.

That doesn’t mean it can’t be fun to try though.

Doty RL, Huggins GR. Changes in the intensity and pleasantness of human vaginal odors during the menstrual cycle. Science 1975; 190: 1316-1318

I don’t like it. I don’t know how he feels, but my cramps are always bad and I’m never in the mood during that time of the month.

I should clarify that my request was as much seeking opinion as fact; in the several threads on this topic, I have noticed the opinion expressed that reluctance on the part of men is due to immaturity or fright; I just wondered how seriously and widely the opinion was held, is all. This was in no way an attack on your previous post, Seldon. Thanks for your answer.

It wasn’t offered, although perhaps I should have mentioned it to see his reaction. heh

But seriously, no, I wouldn’t want a whole week of just one sex act. When I’m in the mood, it’s usually for a bit of everything, not just one act, and I like to give and receive.

A man who doesn’t want to have sex during a woman’s period is understandable. It can be unappealing, and if he just doesn’t want to do it, that’s his choice. For us women, we’ve been dealing with menstruation our entire adult lives, and for men, it is more or less foreign to them. It’s all in the reaction, I think, whether or not he is perceived as being frightened or immature.

Like my example of partners who wouldn’t touch me anywhere during my period, as if my entire body becomes radioactive once a month. Or a partner who can’t even handle the word “period” or “tampon”. Once, a guy I knew freaked out at the sight of a maxipad wrapper in the bathroom garbage can. He ran out of the room, cursing. (It was just a wrapper, nothing else, and it wasn’t dirty.) Now, that is just plain silly.