Shamrock Shakes(tm)...What flavor are they supposed to be?

I get lime and mint in about equal measure. It was described to me by a McDonald’s employee as a “Sorta lime, sorta mint, kinda thing.”

Top Secret Recipes claims that it is fully mint.

I’m not buyin’ it.

Anyone else here get the lime taste as well.

Martin

Mods:

Feel free to move this to MPSIMS if it is out of place here.

Tastes Mint to me <shrug>

Leprecaun with just a hint of molasses.

Actually, since this deals with an alleged foodstuff, I’d think it should be in Cafe Society.

As to the flavor, it’s a long time since I’ve had one,and I can’t remember what they’re flavored like, but they SHOULD be flavored like shamrocks, IMHO.

Or at least something high in chlorophyll, like parsley.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t taste at all like Mint. I don’t know what McDonald’s did to the formula, but they need to bring back the flavor from years ago.

The old Shamrock Shakes were vanilla, plain, simple, old-fashioned vanilla. All they did was add a lot of green dye to their vanilla shakes.

I had one once a few years ago - nothing but mint taste to me.

Edit: dang it, didn’t check the date! Or look at the link.

Probable spam reported (and removed from quote).

I remember this from my childhood, because we used to get them when I was a kid and add mint flavoring to them, because we thought that was how they ought to taste.

Moderator Note

The spammer has been wished away to the cornfield. I’ll leave this in place so that anyone wondering why this zombie thread was revived will not be confused.

This articlehas the story:

Will the straw have fake stones attached to it?

Do you have a room around here to go to?

** Shamrock Shakes™…What flavor are they supposed to be? **

A cross between Colgate and Crest.
mmm

A relevant take:
http://www.rhjunior.com/goblin-hollow-0397/

IIRC there are (were?) two different ways of producing Shamrock Shakes. Some outlets had a pre-mixed liquid and some used vanilla base but added green-colored flavoring in the machine. The two varieties did not taste exactly the same.

I don’t know if there’s anything that would reasonably explain it but I 100% noticed a strange lime-esque flavor in the last Shamrock Shake I had-- probably 5 or 6 years ago.

Just a super disgusting flashback. Around 1971, my little brother was in the bathroom, and we heard a blood cuddling scream. The whole family ran to him, and he was sobbing because his poop, floating in the toilet, was bright green.

Yes, he’d gone to McDonald’s and had a shamrock shake the day before!

I tried one once just to see if I could get a mint shake nearby since the place I like is a bit out of the way for me. I drank about half of it but couldn’t stop think ‘this tastes like toothpaste’.