Share your fantastic new products here

The Gillette M3 Power razor. I figured the whole “vibrating head” thing was a total gimmick, but damn if I don’t get a much closer shave in a lot less time. Completely worth it.

Just don’t spend the extra money for the “M3 Power” replacement heads. Regular old Gillette razor heads work fine, and they’re a buck cheaper per pack. The only difference? They’re not green. :rolleyes:

I love Breathe Right Nasal Stips! Sometimes my sinuses are so bad I can’t sleep decently for lack of oxygen getting to my lungs. I pop one of those buggers on and I can immediately feel my nasal passages seem to relax and open up and I’m well on my way to a good night’s sleep. Yay!

If you decide to try Breathe Right, go with the Large size first. I recently found out the hard way that the Medium/Small size probably fits a kid’s nose better than an adult’s.

An added fun thing is that if you pull the two protective paper coverings apart in the dark, the adhesive between them glows green. Jerk the paper apart little by little and it’s like lighting on a distant horizon. You can press the paper together two or three times more for repeat performances. Yes, I’ve amused myself many a night in this manner. :slight_smile:

Well, that explains why the dang things don’t fit me right. I bought the Medium/Small size, and while they work excellently if I can get them to stay on, half the time they seem to creep up and wiggle off my nose.

Oh I second that. I used the Oil free gel for years but they’ve stopped carrying all the Alpha Hydrox line in Canada. The last time I was in the States all I could find was the Souffle so I got that but I think the Souffle actually works better. I still wish I could find the Oil Free for times when I don’t want the moisture but the souffle is still sooo nice. Nights I use it I wake up the next day and look in the mirror and say, “nice face!”

I also ran out of sunscreen and tried Coppertone Oil Free UVA/UVB spf 30 for body just because I couldn’t see a significant difference between the ingredient list on it versus the one for faces and I have to say it’s the nicest sunscreen I’ve ever used on my face. It’s not greasy, doesn’t leave a cast and doesn’t give me a rash so that’s a bit of a miracle for the price.

I was disappointed with ours. It only seemed to work if the stain was fresh and didn’t have time to dry. Example, you get some spaghetti sauce specks on your white shirt. Better have that pen handy there and then. Once they dry the pen is useless.

I also recommend the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Just awesome for vinyl floors, bathtubs, car interiors, etc. They even make a more durable version now that doesn’t disentegrate as fast.

My other favorite is the Capture carpet dry cleaning system. For about $20 from Home Depot you get a bottle of pre-mist to spray on carpets and stains, then shake some of the dry powder on, brush it in with the included brush, wait 30 minutes and vacuum it up. If you don’t believe me check it out on E-Pinions.com. It has a 4.5 out of 5 rating.

That is indeed awesome. When I put down new carpet, the store insisted I get this. It was about $50 from them, but it was worth it.

Where did you buy it?

Man, everyone beat me to the DivaCup, but I’m gonna say it anyway. DivaCup!

Any recommendations for something to clean a 50-year-old, horribly stained bathtub? I once–and only once–got it sparkling clean by spending about 3 hours with a Scumbuster and every cleaning product I could think of. But I really don’t have 3 hours to spend on it, and it’s just nasty gross.

I’ve seen Urine Gone at Bed. Bath! and BEYOND!!!

It’s really 50 years old? I don’t know anything about porcelain, but maybe it needs a coat of something to keep stains from forming. I’ve seen something on the home improvement shows that restores porcelain on those cool old clawfoot tubs.